The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 6)

Chapter 6

~~~Katheren's P.O.V ~~~

A month of training passed, July melted into august. I trained with Grams, Daren, and the Dyce Family- which I had learned was Delilah, Bethany, and Samson's last name. In the end, I had mastered the shield, completed a few shaky teleports, was able to summon sprits, learned to control the other three of the elements that I didn't know- I could already control fire, so I was taught how to control, water, wind, and air, but I was never told what the fifth element was- I was taught the spell to see the future but I could never accomplish it, and I was taught to influence the weather. Before the summer had started, Daren had taught me one that was supposed to confuse my attacker, one made me invisible, and another to knock someone out, and some others that I forgot an hour after I had learned them.

In total, I knew fourteen spells. I had learned more in a month than some witches learned in a year, I didn't like that feeling. No matter how many spells I knew, I would never like being a witch.

Daren and I packed up our things and left my grandma in Santa Ana and returned to our homes in Seattle. Nothing new had happened since we left, but they did plan a welcome home party for us. I hated parties, but I loved the chance to see Sabrina again, Daren also liked to see his friends too.

"So," Daren said to me the night that we got home, "You look tired."

"I'm fine," I said quietly.

He smirked. "No you're not," he said knocking my feet out from under me.

I gasped. "Daren put me down."

"Nope," he said heading towards the stairs.

"Live it up girl," Sabrina laughed, "I would love a guy to 'sweep me off of my feet.'"

I groaned. She would. I loved the gesture, just not in front of so many people. He pushed open the door to my room and gently set me on the bed. "I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight," he mumbled sitting on the edge of my bed.

I yawned. "Why not?"

"I am so used to you being in my arms when I slept, I am worried about all of the trouble that you could get into without my constant supervision."

"I will be fine," I promised. "If you get worried, call my cell. I will answer, but you might not get more than a groan."

He laughed slightly. "I will hold you to that. Goodnight, love you Kates."

"Mhm, me too." I heard my door quietly close and then I feel sleep. It was not be best night of sleep that I had ever had.

~~~Daren's P.O.V. ~~~

"Good morning!" an annoying voice broke through the haze in my brain. I hadn't really slept in days, and just when exhaustion would start to claim me, this is what I would hear.

"Let me sleep ma," I groan and covered my head with my pillow. It was a freaking Saturday and she still wouldn't let me sleep.

"It is nine o'clock Daren, it is time to get up."

"Ugh," I groaned, "who the hell gets up at a nine on a Saturday?"

"You're friends."

"Well that doesn't mean I have to."

"We'll see about that, I am sending them up, you have two minutes to get up."

I heard her leave the room but I didn't move. It seemed like seconds later when I heard my door open and close again. I felt my bed shift slightly but I pretended to be asleep. I knew my friends could be dumbasses sometimes, but they wouldn't be stupid enough as to wake me up.