Chapter 1

I stood in front of the AOMG Entertainment building, clutching my belongings close to me. The building itself was huge... even intimidating.  The city of Seoul was bustling, people overflowing into the streets as they lived their lives, passing me by with little to second thought. 

They were living, and my life was truly just beginning. I had thrust myself from the quiet country to a city that was bigger than life, and most certainly bigger than me. 

With a deep, calming breath, I stepped through the doors, summoning all the courage I had within me as I was met with stares. This was expected. The color of my skin and the style of my hair was sure enough to drop jaws alone, especially for the old-school minded. Luckily, staring is all they did as I made my way to the check in desk.

The receptionist greeted me with kind eyes that smiled all on their own as she stood up to bow. I met her with a clumsy but well meant bow of my own, taking note that I did not practice as much as I needed to.

"Welcome, do you have an appointment?" She asked, already poised to check my name off in her book. 

"My name is Katrina. Katrina Stephenson. I'm here because I was hired recently and asked to come here today to review my duties and get a head start." I grinned widely. 

"Oh!" She exclaimed, almost tripping over herself to come from behind her desk, motioning for me to follow her. "This way please."

We walked down a rather tight hallway. I tried to attribute it to just crappy planning, but that didn't make it more comfortable. I could tell by the taste of the decor the company I'd be working for was more on the edgy, urban side. 

'Probably why they wanted someone alternative.' I remarked to myself. 

"Here we are! Jay might be recording right now, but if you just give him a moment, I'm sure he'll be right out. If you need anything, just call for me. My name is Cho Hee Jang, but you can just call me Cho. Welcome to the AOMG family, Katrina." 

When she finished her mouthful, she smiled once again, and quietly shut the door behind her. With her contagious happy vibes gone, nervousness set in even stronger as I turned to face my bosses. I could see only one man in the booth. His hair was ruffled as he sung to himself, seemingly trying to work some notes out. 

I didn't want to interrupt, so I sat quietly to observe him fully and to feel him out. 

He seemed nice enough. Serious when it comes down to it, and especially when it comes to his craft, obviously. But there was also the commonplace things to keep note of. He was definitely known as a playboy. All around "bad" boy, to note. Not like I had to worry about him bothering me about anything of that sort. I'm the looker of the folks back home, sure, but these gals around here make even me look mousy. All in all, I decided that my main course of action would be the usual - just keep my head to the ground. Do my job, and make my money. I was lucky that I could live with someone who didn't mind paying for the place while I started up, and there was no reason to ruin that.

The sound of a door slowly closing shut brought me out of my reverie. I rose so that I could meet him properly, but before I could even say anything, he begun to smirk. Nonetheless, I bowed as I introduced myself.

"My name is Katrina Stephenson. I am your new hire, and it is my pleasure to be doing business with you."