Chapter 3

Jay led me to a room, decorated in lavish red and black. I saw a private bar, and comfortable lounges. My heels clicked on the dark ebony flooring as I went to pour me a shot of Crown Royal.

"So Katrina, what are you doing here?" He questioned, stretching out on the lounge as he pulled something long, skinny and brown to his lips. 

A blunt.

"Isn't that illegal?" I responded, watching him pull a long drag off of it. For a moment, I marveled at how soft and pretty his lips look. 

He laughed harshly, smoke streamed out as he did. He offered it to me. Hesitantly, I grabbed it, and took a long drag myself. 

"You never answered my question." He stated, his eyes watching me intently as I exhaled. 

"The better question would be why is the big star here. I'm just here to make some extra like everyone else." I replied, lifting myself onto the cold marble counter of the bar. Already feeling a slight buzz, I laid on the counter, staring at the ceiling. Anything to really avoid his eyes. 

"I'm here because I like being with girls who do just bout anything I want." He said jokingly. Some point in time, he must have gotten up, because now he was sitting beside me, in a barstool.

"And I'm here because I like being spoiled and told what to do." I replied, also in a joking manner, finally relinquishing the blunt back to him. He actually pouted when he saw how much I had smoked.

"Seriously though. Why? Doesn't AOMG pay enough?" He asked.

"I had this job before I got accepted. Besides, I thought it would be a good way to find me a dominant while I'm here." I sighed.

Why was I telling all of this to my boss? Granted, I don't think everyone can say they've smoked and drank with their boss in a dungeon, but I also don't think many people would want to.

"Well," he smirked, looking over me with a glint in his eyes. "Have you found one yet?"

"Nope. Guys here seem to either want slaves or littles. Which I am neither."

"Well, then what are you?" he asked, leaning in towards me. I felt his breath tickle my skin slightly, and it made me super aware. The closeness of him, the atmosphere-

"I'm not going there with my boss." I said firmly, hopping off of the counter, creating space between us as I aimed towards the door. I felt a strong grip envelop my shoulder, stopping me. I turned to face him. He leaned in closer, smirking widely.

"Why not?"

"Because that's unethical, and also would complicate things. Also, to be honest, you kinda seem like a untrustworthy manwhore."

Jay's smirk dropped immediately, and I began to feel guilty right after. 

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, looking at the ground.

"It's aight. Not the first time I've been called that." He responded, leaving the rest of the smoke for me. "I'm leaving. See you tomorrow."

---------

When I walked into the building the next morning, Cho signaled me to her. Instead of the professional attire she wore when I first met her, her hair was unkempt and she wore the same style the artists did around there.

"Jay is in a bit of a bad mood, but he told me to tell you that he wants you to help him in the studio today. That'll be right in the same room I took you yesterday. Do you remember?"

I nodded quickly, and with a smile, she hurried off to what seemed to be the training room. The nervous, sinking feeling quickly made its home as I walked once again through the dark lit corridor. When I stopped at the big doors, I took a deep breath, and opened the doors.

Jay did look annoyed. A slight scowl etched into his face as he was writing in a notebook at his desk.

"Good morning." He said quietly, not looking up from his writing. "There is some papers I want you to sort. They're over there." I saw what he pointed to, but I didn't move yet.

Eventually, he looked up from his papers with an annoyed sigh. 

"Is there something you want, Katrina?"

"I'm sorry, Jay. What I said was completely uncalled for. I apologize."

Jay looked at me for a moment, with a look of pondering and deep thought. 

"You're forgiven. Now leave me be and do what I told you." He said sternly.

Taken aback, I quietly sat down beside the stack of papers. Seemed like a bunch of spam messages.

Hours into sorting between shit love letters, hate mail, collaboration offers and so forth, he called me back to his desk.

"I've got an idea on how you're really gonna make it up to me." Jay smirked.

"I'm listening." I replied.

"......I'd like for you to be my submissive, officially."

The wind rushed out of my lungs, as if I was punched.

"What?!"