Chapter 4

" Excuse me?! " I basically screamed, causing Jay to wince from the loudness.

"Aw come on, it couldn't be that bad." He replied, standing up and leaning in close to me. "Besides, I know you're already feeling something for me."

His fingers traced soft patterns into my skin as he leaned in closer to me, his lips just inches away from mine. I didn't know what to do. Part of me screamed run away, because I didn't even know him. I only met him yesterday, and now he was trying to get with me?

There wasn't anywhere to run to. He had me sandwiched between him and the desk, with a mischievous glint in his eyes as his hands stroked my hips, and at that moment I instinctively pushed him away , the force causing me to fall over his desk onto the floor, hard. I got up as quickly as I could, avoiding his hands.

"I don't even know you!" I huffed, dusting my backside off. Jay crossed his arms, obviously not amused with my answer.

"Then why won't you give me a chance to let you know me?"

"Because you seem like a snake!" I replied. "Your initial offer is intriguing but you are more trouble than you put on. " 

"You know, its bullshit that you assume this shit without even trying to figure me out. No wonder you ain't found nobody." Jay responded , aggravation all over his face. The comment stung more than I wanted to admit, no lie. 

"Fuck you, Jay

"Fuck you, Jay." I said calmly, walking out of the office before he could even reply.

The weeks after that were awkward, and incredibly uncomfortable. I already began to look for other jobs, because obviously Jay wasn't gonna keep someone who constantly gave him trouble around. 

Nonetheless, I did what I was told, and nothing extra. When I wasn't working, I hung out with Cho, who I found was actually a trainee of AOMG as a producer. I'd help her with her beats and even sometimes lay background vocals down for her. When I wasn't with her, I was working with Laarni at the dungeon. Instead of being a girl there however, I decided to bar tend instead. I quickly grew tired and just realized that that place was not a place for me to find someone. 

Sometimes, I'd see Jay, and he'd give me that heart-clenching smirk, but as far as I was concerned, he would never know the effect it had on me. Petty as it may be, those words of his rung in my head, fueling my sad little bit of anger. He did try to apologize though. He would try to joke and flirt with me when I worked in his office, but quickly understood that a little cupcaking wasn't gonna smooth this over. Then, came the thoughtful little gifts, like a drink he noticed I liked from what I would bring to work or candy.

Tonight was about 3 weeks after the whole argument? I tried to recount it as Cho messed around with some dials on her sound board, trying to find the right sound for what she was working on. 

"You know," She spoke suddenly, sweeping her hair out of her eyes. "It's super obvious you like him. I don't know why you keep pushing him away."

"Because he's a player!" I replied. "Its all over media and stuff. Also, don't you know how much trouble it would be for me to date a celebrity."

Cho pondered for a moment, her fingers hesitating at their work. "I can understand that. However, Jay really likes you. I haven't see him like someone this much like ever."

"It's only been a month."

"A month is enough! Time is never that important of a factor when it comes to love." She joked. 

I chuckled, but inside, I felt like a girl in a sitcom with the same bullshit melodrama. I'd be lying if I say I haven't liked him since I first saw him, but I was scared to go any further that the boss - employee relationship. From past experience, I know that shit doesn't end well.

"If nothing else, I heard he's a good lay." She murmured, snapping me out of my thoughts and causing a blush to rise in my cheeks. 

"I'm sure he is, with all of his experience."

Soon enough, she was finished up with what she had to do, and she left, leaving me seemingly alone in the building . I decided to sit in the practice room for a while, plugging my phone into the auxiliary. Leaning my head against the cool glass of the mirrors, I closed my eyes, just singing to whatever came on. 

"What are you doing here?"

My eyes slowly opened, and there was Jay, in possibly the most handsome style I seen yet. His hair was wet, sticking to him in a sort of sexy way, while his muscles rippled through his loose white tank.

I bit my lip instinctively. "Nothing. Just sitting."

Jay sat beside me. "It's late you know." He said, taking a sip out of the water he brought with him.

"Yeah."

After basically avoiding him for a month, this was the most awkward and tense moment I've had in a while. I could tell Jay felt the same, as he looked at the floor or basically anywhere but me.

"I'm sorry...again.." I murmured. 

"I know." He chuckled for a moment. "I'm sorry too. But I also need you to know that ever since you have come here, I've never wanted anyone as much as I have wanted you. I haven't even been able to sleep with anyone else."

I stared at him, trying to figure out if there was any hint of deceit in his eyes. They looked sincere enough. As my heart began to beat even quicker, I crawled over to him, sitting in his lap. I got too nervous to kiss him, so I just hugged him. I hugged him tightly as I could, and I relaxed as I felt his arms wrap around me. 

"I'd like to get to know you more, Jay." I whispered into his chest. I felt him kiss my forehead gently, and I couldn't control the grin that almost reached ear to ear.

If anyone is reading, thank you for reading. I know their relationship so far is kinda quick and rushed, but that's how it is sometimes, right? and sometimes, the best relationships come out of things like this. Nonetheless, thank you for taking the time to read the little stories of mine. Please vote or leave comments. <3