3

A few days later Naruto was practicing his funi-jutsu with fifty of his clones. When he suddenly received a large input of information. 'Interesting' he thought to himself. 'So Orochimaru is back in Konoha. I probably better put a few more of my henged clones on him.'
Two day's before he had created one hundred clones and had them all henge into different looking people between the ages of five - twelve and 70 - 85. On the theory that people tend to ignore those age groups. Some chose to become girls, some pretended to be crippled in some way. Some went in pairs for a better cover story. None of them looked anything like him.
Since few people came even close to his chakra reserves very few people could make even two shadow clones. Master's might make twelve - fifteen. The real reason that it was a forbidden jutsu wasn't because it was hard to make them. It was because it was too easy to use to much chakra and die from chakra exhaustion. With his own prodigious chakra reserves backed up by Kurama's that was never really a fear for him. Truthfully he'd never had to use Kurama's for making shadow clones. He had more than enough chakra of his own.
Naruto quickly made another twenty clones. They used the henge to change their appearance and were on their way to spy on Orochimaru. All of his clones were to dispel after three - four days unless they were in the middle of some important spying. At that point they were to dispel as soon as they were done.

.........At Naruto's Apartment (clone)

Naruto's clone was bored. There really wasn't much to do in the apartment. 'Well, Boss didn't say I couldn't leave the apartment. Sooo... I think I'll go for a walk. Hmmm... Where to... I know! I'll prank the old man!' He thought.
'Ok, gotta ditch the ANBU. There is an alley nearby. If I hurry I can henge into a stray cat and lose them.' Suddenly Naruto took off into the alley. By the time the ANBU caught up there was nothing there but an orange tabby cat. The ANBU quickly scattered to try to find their charge.
Meanwhile the clone took off for the Hokage tower. 15min. later Naruto's clone slipped unnoticed into jiji's office. 'Ok what to do, what to do... Hmmm... Heh. I know I'll rearrange where he keeps things! But first, where's the ANBU that are usually hanging around in here?' Naruto's clone looked up to the rafters, since that's usually where the ANBU like to hide, but didn't see or sense any up there. Come to think of it, he couldn't sense anyone else in the room period.
Since he deemed it safe to undo the henge, Naruto's clone changed back into a five year old boy and started his prank. First, he hid the old man's pipe -smoking is bad for one's health, after all- and rearranged all the books on the shelves so that all the Icha Icha Paradise books were on the highest, most hard to reach shelf in the office, and all the boring stats books were out of order and mixed in with the disguised fantasy and mystery novels.
After that, the clone messed around with all the random doodads the old man kept in his office and switched all the chairs in the office around so that the Hokage's chair was in front of the desk and the others were behind it. Snickering, the clone then took all the paintings and switched them so they were in the wrong place, some even upside down or sideways.
Grinning from ear to ear, the clone henged back into a cat and hid on top of the bookshelves, proud of his work. Now all that needed to happen was jiji walking in to see the state his office was in.

.........20mins. Later

Hiruzen Sarutobi was tired. Danzo was up to something...... again. The citizen council was a handful he was tired of dealing with. And now he was hearing that the ANBU had lost Naruto again! Evidently they lost him the first time two days ago only to find him at his home watching TV. The second time was today. He'd been missing for almost an hour now and his ANBU were in turmoil trying to figure out where he went!
Hiruzen sighed as he headed back to his office. 'I'm getting to old for this.' He thought as he walked back into his office. Only to stop dead in his tracks as he looked up to see pure mayhem. He felt his jaw drop open in shock. "What the.... ANBU!!" Hiruzen shouted.
"Yes Hokage Sama." Said the ANBU that appeared kneeling at his feet.
Hiruzen just looked at his personal ANBU and then pointed at the room and asked "How?!?"
Crow turned around and felt pure shock course through him. For probably the first time in twenty years he stuttered "I..I h... have no I..Idea." He was at a complete loss. "Team one report!" He called out. Four ANBU quickly appeared all kneeling before the Hokage and his personal ANBU.
"Hokage Sama!" They called out in unison.
"Team one, please explain how this happened? Weren't the four of you supposed to be guarding the door?" Crow asked, no, demanded.
"We assure you, sir, we were guarding the door the whole time. No one came anywhere near it except for Hokage Sama himself!" The team leader declared, still kneeling with his head bowed.
"Then how did someone manage to get in here and completely turn my office on its head?" Hiruzen asked, his face a mask of calmness that disguised the raging panic inside. What if the intruder hadn't been looking for just a good laugh? What if they'd messed with important documents? Although, he could tell just from looking at his desk that, while some paper weights had been moved, no papers had been messed with.
Suddenly everyone felt a slight breeze and they all turned to see the window was cracked open slightly.
Crow facepalmed. "There are four of you and yet no one was watching the window, were you."
The members of team one started sweating under their masks. "N..no, sir. You'd have to be a genin at least to be able to get up here from outside, even if you went through another window somewhere else on this floor, and with all the security around the tower, that's highly unlikely to ever cross a person's mind as an option."
"Well it obviously crossed someone's mind." Crow pointed out with a little more emotion than he intended.
Suddenly they hear movement from the top of the bookshelves. As they spin around to confront whatever is making the noise they see a small brown cat with a red bow on its right ear. "Meow" then the cat poofs out of existence.
"WHAT the ......!" Hiruzen exclaimed in shock. That was obviously Tora the cat, but at the same time it couldn't be! Tora couldn't poof out of existence like a!... Like a clone?!
"What kind of clone can henge?" Crow asked in shock and confusion.
"A shadow clone can, but the question is, who can create a shadow clone that can henge?" Hiruzen replied.

.........Back with Naruto

Naruto was taking a walk through the grounds when he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, the memories from the clone he'd left in his apartment rushing into his consciousness, when the small five year old suddenly doubled over in laughter.
"Revenge! Finally, Tora, revenge!" He exclaimed before laughter overcame him again. Finally, he calmed down and wiped away a stray tear. "Sigh. I guess I'll have to send another clone as a replacement, although that was genius! Good job, my shadow clone friend!"

(A/N: AshtheAmazingMerlin helped me with this chapter per my request. Please let us know what you thought of this chapter because we personally believe it was hilarious.)