6

It's been a few months. Naruto and Sasuke were in excellent condition for five year olds. They train together nearly every day and Sasuke has already brought his chakra reserves up to low Jonin level. He can now make up to twelve shadow clones that will last most of the day. He sometimes leaves one at home so his parents and brother don't get suspicious about what he's up to.

They are often seen around the village fighting or playing. They get up to all kinds of mischief together. Some that the whole village is aware of and alot they are not. Most of the villagers still hate Naruto but seeing him hanging out with the Uchiha clan heads youngest son has caused most to tolerate him a little more.

Over the last few months they have practiced many of their stealth and infiltration skills. They have improved dramatically. Coming up with all kinds of ways to use the henge, clones, wall walking and other techniques. Doing all kinds of things they had never even considered before. Being twenty in five year old bodies forced them to think 'out side the box'. Causing them to improve in unexpected areas. They could give a master thief a run for their money. In truth, they are well on their way to being master spy's.

"Hokage Sama, I am sorry to report that we still can not figure out the identity of the individual that keeps breaking into the ANBU headquarter's and the T and I buildings. Nothing is ever missing, however we still haven't gotten rid of all the confetti from the last massive confetti bomb." The Head ANBU Captain reported in a calm and collected voice. "Also, we still can't get the pink out of Wolf's hair."

"Oh? I'd like a picture of that." Hiruzen mused his eye's twinkling.

"I'll arrange that for you later. For now I think you should read this."

"What is it?" Hiruzen asked as he took what appeared to be a note from his head captain. As he began to read it his eyebrows slowly rose higher and higher. And his jaw went slack.

To Hokage Sama and those it may concern,
As we have been pranking ANBU headquarter's and T\I headquarter's we have grown quite concerned with the lack of security. As such we offer the following suggestions with the enclosed addendum. We look forward to testing ourselves against your improved security.
Sincerely,
Concerned citizens of Konoha

Hiruzen then proceeded to look over the Six pages of suggestions, his shock never quite leaving him.

When he was done, he dropped the papers on his desk and buried his face in his hands. Then he ran his hands back over his head and sighing asked, "Do we have ANY leads at all on who is doing this? Because I think they should be in the ANBU. Let me rephrase that. I think that the ANBU needs them, and we need to be able to keep tabs on them and be sure of where their loyalties lie. At the moment we can only assume it's with the village."

"I agree, Hokage-sama, however we literally have no clues. Who ever is behind this is undoubtedly a pro. For now, unless they make a mistake or choose to tell us who they are, we can only set traps, do our best, and hope and pray to Kami that they are on our side." Stated the Head Captain with conviction.

"I see. Well then, do your best and keep me informed. Dismissed."

.........With Naruto and Sasuke

"Hn... Dobe, do you think they will actually use our suggestions?" Sasuke asked as he slipped to the side of Naruto's latest punch.

"Can't say for sure, Teme, but they'd be stupid not to." Naruto replied, ducking under Sasuke's kick.

They were currently having a friendly sparing match, taijustu only. They were trying to find any holes in their respective techniques, hoping to help each other improve. They were quickly coming to the conclusion that they were going to need to bring Itachi in sooner rather than later. It was all well and good to practice on each other, but it left them unsure of how effective they would be against bigger opponents.

"I call time."

"Hnn"

"How are we gonna recruit your brother? 'Cause we need his help." Naruto stated in frustration.

"Sigh... I don't know." Was Sasuke's gloomy response. "He has been giving me suspicious and confused looks. That's when he isn't insisting we train together. I wish I'd known before that all it took to get his attention was pretending indifference."

"Hehh... Yeah... Hey, maybe we can use that!" Said Naruto in excitement.

"How?" Questioned Sasuke.

"Well.... I'm thinking........."

.........Two and a half Weeks Later

Naruto and Sasuke were standing on the Hokage Monument quietly observing the village. "Hnn, are you sure it's going to be tonight?

"Yes. The festival to celebrate the new peace treaty with Kumo is tonight. That's when they'll try to take her."stated Naruto.

"Are your clones in position?"

"They should be. I checked and Itachi is one of my protectors tonight."

"Hnn.... that's good. It should help with our plans."

......... Several Hours Later

The festival had been lots of fun for the two boys. Although they had been on constant alert in case something happened, Sasuke's idea to have clones henged into various animals stationed in different parts of the village had really taken the strain off of them. With the hundreds of henged clones patrolling the area in and around the Hyuga compound for any trouble, the two boys could afford to act their apparent age of five and six. But now that the festival was drawing to a close, Naruto and Sasuke knew they had to stay on their toes.

Before all the festival stalls had closed and everyone had gone home, Naruto, for a split second, paused in his stride. It was barely noticeable. Only someone who knew him well or was watching him really closely would be able to tell. "Hnn." Naruto said looking at Sasuke.

"Hn." Sasuke replied back.

Suddenly, they both took off. Running hard, ducking under and climbing over any obstacles in their path.

.........POV ANBU

"Did Naruto just speak Uchiha?" Sparrow asked.

"Shoot! They are getting away." Bear exclaimed as he took off after them. Naruto had already begun to be something of a legend among the ANBU. Having managed to lose multiple teams simultaneously not once or twice but nearly a dozen times in the last four months. There was a growing suspicion among those who regularly watched over the little blonde that he just might know about them and be ditching them on purpose. Not that any of them had any proof to support their belief. It was more of a gut feeling that they were all having. How he was doing it was a question they hadn't even begun to solve.

"Team 12 package is on the move heading east." Wolf informed their backup over the headset. He wouldn't be getting away so easily this time.

"Check out their moves. How old are they again?" Bear  questioned.

"Hnnn...5 and 6." Weasel replied, eyes narrowed in thought, questions stacking up in his mind.

"What?! Only 5 and 6 and they're jumping around like acrobats?" Sparrow asked in poorly contained shock.

"Package turned left. Do you have visual team 12." Bear asked.

"We have visual team 3." Cat replied.

"Keep your eyes open and your senses sharp. Package is slippery and tends to disappear when you least expect it." Wolf said as he dodged an obstacle that was in his way.

"Roger that, Wolf, we'll pay close attention."

"Package has stopped, he seems to be engaging a foreign nin." Owl informed team 3.

"What?" Sparrow asked.

......... Naruto and Sasuke's POV

"Hey, jiji san whatcha got in the sack?" Naruto asked the Kumo nin.

"Wha.. who... how!" The Kumo nin muttered in shock.

...(A/N sorry about the wait. Hope you liked it! I'll try not to take another two months to update again)