4

Sasuke was dreaming. How did he know? He wasn't sure. He just knew that he was. He found himself surrounded by beautiful Sakura tree's in full bloom, with giant fat softly falling snow flakes. The sky was full of stars that were glowing brightly while a warm breeze gently ruffled his hair.
         "Sasuke," Called a deep and ancient sounding voice.
          Sasuke spun around while looking for the owner of the voice. The voice sounded familiar somehow. "Who's there? Where are you? What do you want?" He asked.
         There was a soft chuckle from behind him. This time Sasuke slowly turned around, Somehow knowing that whoever was behind him was important.
         "I go by many names, though the one you know me best by is Kami." There stood a kind looking man of indeterminate age. Neither old nor young. That is until you looked into his ancient eyes. There was so much knowledge and wisdom. Joy and pain. The universe and the eternities shown through his eye's.
         "K-Kami? W-Why are you here?" Sasuke asked in shock and confusion.
         "Because someone in your village is in need of your help, but in order for you to be able to help him effectively, there's something I need to give you."
         "Really? Someone needs my help? But wouldn't Itachi be a bigger help?"
         The man, or Kami as Sasuke now knew, smiled at how childish Sasuke was. "No, in this instance it is you who can be the most helpful. You see, the one who needs your help is from the future, and he's trying to stop that future from happening. In order to do that, he needs a good friend his age to help him. Do you accept?"
         Sasuke's face took on an expression of deep thought. "I don't have any friends. I've always wanted some, but I'm too shy. I guess I can be his friend and help him change the future, but I don't know if I'll be much help to him."
         Kami chuckled slightly. "Don't worry, I can give you the memories from your future self. That way, you will also know exactly what he's trying to avoid."
         Sasuke lowered his head timidly. "W-Will it hurt?"
         Kami just shook his head. "No, it won't hurt at all. Thank you, Sasuke, your friend was starting to feel a bit lonely." At that, Kami rested a hand on Sasuke's head and the two closed their eyes as the transfer of memories began.

.........Sasuke's room

         Sasuke suddenly sat up straight in his bed, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "Naruto..." He whispered to himself, a tear managing to slide down his cheek. Quickly recollecting himself, the five year old jumped from his bed, maneuvered across his messy room, walked out his bedroom door, and quietly padded down the hallway to his brother's room. 'I just have to make sure,' he thought to himself as he cracked open his brother's door.

.........Morning

         "Sasuke " Mikoto called for her son. It always seemed to take a while to get her youngest son moving in the morning. She was fully prepared to send Itachi after Sasuke in a few more minutes, but when she turned around there was Sasuke quietly setting the table. She was so shocked she almost dropped the spoon in her hand. "Oh, Sasuke your already up. Good morning! Thank you for setting the table."
         Sasuke gave his mother a small smile and then seemed to study her for a moment. Then he hesitantly and with an unsure look on his face walked over and gave his mother a hug. " I love you kaa-san." He whispered. Then quickly pulled away and went to sit at the table, leaving his mother in a condition of dazed shock.
         When Itachi walked into the dining room he wasn't expecting to see Sasuke sitting quietly at an already set table. Nor was he expecting his mother to be smiling with a bewildered look in her eyes while a tear ran down her face.
         "Kaa-san? Are you alright?"
         "Hmm... Oh, yes. I'm fine." Said Mikoto as she turned and happily got back to making breakfast.
         Itachi really didn't know what to make of the situation. "Good morning Sasuke."
         Sasuke thought it might be fun to give his brother a taste of what it feels like to have a semi unresponsive brother. "Hn" was all he said. Itachi blinked. That... Wasn't what he expected.

.........Fugaku

         Fugaku silently walked down his upstairs hallway. He was contemplating many things; the state of his clan, the relationships between his own clan and the other clans in Konoha, the unjust way his clan was being treated by the citizen council, as well as the way they seemed to be influencing regular citizens to treat his clan without respect.
          He heard his wife call for their youngest son Sasuke and decided that since he was walking past his room he would wake him up.
         Fugaku didn't understand Sasuke. He wished his youngest son was more like his older. Itachi did what he was told. He behaved well and was everything the son of a clan head should be. Sasuke was... well ...not. He didn't quite know what Sasuke was. He loved him. He did. He just didn't know what to do with him.
         'Sigh, I'll just wake him up. I'll figure my youngest out later. I'm to tired right now.' He opened the door to Sasuke's room only to find it empty. Not only was Sasuke not there, neither was his perpetual mess. In fact, the room was spotless. His bed was made. His desk organised. His dirty clothes in the hamper. Fugaku was confused. He closed the door and reopened it sure he was in the wrong room. He blinked, pinched himself and blinked again. "I am so confused. Sigh..." Rubbing the bridge of his nose, Fugaku shut Sasuke's door and walked down the stairs to join his family for breakfast.
         Sasuke was an enigma alright, one Fugaku was beginning to think he'd never figure out.

.........Later that day, Naruto's home

         Naruto was currently working on his taijustu while he had a hundred clones working on various other things, such as fuuinjutsu and improving his chakra control. One of the things that he had noticed since waking up in his 5yr old body was that his chakra control was about half of what it was before. It seemed that while he hadn't lost any of his knowledge his power and control were about half of what they were. Kurama told him that while his mind and spirit were 20yrs old his body was that of a five year old. Meaning that he would need to work hard and be patient with his younger body. Allowing himself to grow into some of his power's and ability's.
         Suddenly, Naruto felt a slight flair of chakra outside the gate of his compound. 'Wait, that's Sasuke's chakra. What is he doing here?!' He thought as he took off through the grounds.
         When the small blond got to the gate, he stopped dead in his tracks, mouth hanging open in shock. It WAS Sasuke!
         "Come on, Naruto, I know you're here! Hurry up and open the gate!" Sasuke muttered impatiently.
         Shaking off his increasing shock and confusion, Naruto opened the gate and soon had an arm full of one very tearful Uchiha.
         "Naruto, you idiot!" Sasuke exclaimed "Did you really think I'd leave you to do this on your own!"
         "I... Wh... What!...." Naruto stammered out in confusion.
         Sasuke took a couple of steps back and attempted to compose himself. After all Uchiha's aren't supposed to be emotional. Then again that's what his father always told him. So maybe he didn't really care. Twenty years or was it twenty five now? Anyway, after spending all his life trying to hide his emotions and pretend not to have any it was a habit that wasn't going to break easily. And truthfully one he intended to keep up in public. But perhaps, with those he truly trusted, he could be more open. "Dobe, it's me. Don't tell me you already forgot about me? Hn... Some best friend\ brother you are."
         Naruto's eyes nearly popped out of his head he was so shocked "Sasuke?! B...but HOW!!"
         Sasuke's lips curved up slightly at the corners in the equivalent of an Uchiha grin. "Kami gave me my older selves memories. Told me to come and help you."
         Naruto's face lit up and it was like the sun came out from behind the clouds. "Yosh! Even Kami knows we're stronger as a team!" Naruto shouted out while jumping and dancing around excitedly. Sasuke just gave a happy smirk and turned and shut the gate. "Hn. Dobe, you are gonna have to re-key the gate again and add me to those who can enter."
         "Huh.. Oh yeah. It's gonna take a little bit more effort than last time, though." Naruto said as he was pulled out of his celebratory dance.
         "Hn...?" Asked Sasuke.
         "Well, last time I just keyed in your basic Uchihaness." Naruto said as he waved his hands at Sasuke. "But if I do that now it will let in most if not all of your clan. So I need to be more specific this time around"
         Sasuke had to agree that they really didn't want his clan to have free reign in here.

         (A/N) I hope you are enjoying this story as much as my daughter and I are enjoying writing it!