The Meeting

-Helena pov-

I was rudely shaken awake by gloved hands who shook my body in an annoying manner. I groaned as I sat up and rubbed at my eyes. "What time is it?"

"It is almost nine. Someone fell asleep and I had to come up here and wake you up. Now get up, we still might have time to reach you little friends." I slid off the bed in a hurry and pulled on the sneakers Maddie had left by my bed. A gloved hand took my own and led me down the stairs and helped me into a car.

"Are you sure we can make it?" I asked as the car sped off. My hands shook in my lap and I felt like I was about to hurl.

"Roy is the best driver I know, besides myself that is, and he has always gotten me anywhere I needed to go. We will be fine," he took my hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze. My body relaxed at his touch and my tummy was now flocked by butterflies.

A blush blossomed onto my cheeks as I tried to pull away my hand but he would not release it. Instead his gloved fingers caressed my skin, or what was exposed from underneath the pullover sweater I wore.

"We have arrived," Roy said as the car stopped and I heard Mr. Knight sigh from beside me. I heard the car door open as a cool blast of air came in from outside. I was now happy that Maddie insisted I wear the sweater. I slowly slide from the car seat and with the help of Mr. Knight I was on my feet.

The cool night air surrounded us as we began to walk, my hand in his as he led us in the silence. "Helena?!" Luke's voice echoed as I tried to figure out where he was. I heard loud footsteps running to us and I felt Mr. Knight pull me back. "Helena." Luke pulled me away from him and into his arms.

The hug itself was familiar but it was not the one my body craved. I tried to push that out of my mind as I returned the hug but it lingered in the far corner of my mind. "I missed you."

"I missed you so much Helena. I called Poppy and told her about today and she told me to give you a hug in her place and to tell you that she misses you and loves you."

"Tell her I love her as well." Tears sprung into my eyes as I thought of Poppy and how much I have missed her. She was my best friend and sister, she protected me like no one ever has ever since we became friends.

Luke pulled out of the hug to hold me back and I could tell he was looking me up and down. "Are you okay? Where did you go? Who is that guy standing in the shadows, I saw him holding your hand. Has he hurt you?" He growled the last part.

"I am fine Luke, it's just been a crazy time. I had to leave, for my own safety and for the safety of my father. That guy saved me, he has helped me by taking me into his home and protecting me. He has the most wonderful people working for him. The woman who works for him is called Maddie and she makes the best food. She has already sort of adopted me. She has been acting like my mother figure. And Roy, he is going to be teaching me. He is also madly in love with Maddie." I began to rattle off small things of what had happened and he listened with rapt attention.

"I am happy you are okay." He pulls me in for another hug and turns his head to face my neck. His lips come closer to my ear as I can tell my the small hot bursts of air coming from him. "Run away with me," he whispers into my ear and my eyes widen.

"What?"

"Run away with me. We can leave and never look back."

"Luke we can't...,"

"And why can't we?"

"Your parents would be devastated. They love you Luke. You have to finish school and then go to college."

"I'd leave all that for you Helena. Just say the word and we can be gone by tomorrow morning, starting our new life together."

"I can't let you do that Luke. I won't be the cause of destroying your bright future. You are smart and can go far in life. I will only bring you down. So live Luke, live for the both of us and continue being you."