The Beastly Prince

-Helena pov-

It was late at night and I couldn't sleep. I sat in bed, replaying the kiss between Victor and I. I could still feel the tingles that ran through my slightly swollen lips.

I pressed my fingertips to my lips, a smile creeping onto my face. "Couldn't sleep?"

A small squeak escaped my lips as his deep velvety voice invaded my thoughts. A chuckle came closer to me as I dropped my hand into my lap. "I was just thinking," I said as I felt him slide into bed beside me.

"Thinking about what?" He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to his body.

"I can't tell you." If I told him, I'd be blushing about 10 shades of red.

"I bet I can guess what it is."

"I bet you can't."

"Let's make this interesting. If I guess right, I get a kiss. If I guess wrong, you get a kiss."

"That's not fair, you still end up getting a kiss. If you guess wrong, I get to touch you."

"Shouldn't we be moving a bit slower than that Helena? I mean, it's a little too soon in the relationship to be getting that physical." He laughed and I just blushed as I replayed what I had said.

"Ugh, not like that. I meant touch your face, to see you. To really see you. I rely on touch to see. And I have yet to see you. So that is what I want. Deal?" I stuck my hand out, waiting for his response.

"Deal." His gloved hand slid into my own and gave a quick shake to finalize the deal.

"Go ahead and guess. I'll even give you two tries."

"I won't be needing two." I gave a quick laugh and quieted as I heard him hum in concentration as he thought of his answer. "I bet you were thinking about earlier today. About our kiss in the gazebo."

I pursed my lips, but still blushed. He had guessed spot on, and even had the audacity to laugh as he probably saw my face and knew he was right. "Don't worry, I was thinking about that too. That's why I couldn't sleep either. Your kisses are addictive."

"I was hoping you would get it wrong." I huffed.

"Why? You don't want to kiss me?" He sounded a bit sad, like my words had really hurt him.

"It's not that. I just really wanted to see you." Now I was the one who sounded sad.

"Helena..." Victor took my chin in his gloved hand and tilted my head back. A few seconds later our lips crashed together, a frenzy building up between us. I admit, I really enjoyed his lips upon my own. He took my breath away, quite literally, with his kisses.

I did hate him at first, but he had grown on me. He had never really been cruel to me. He had his moments which frustrated me, but deep down I knew he did it because he cared for me. So far he had protected me.

I had to pull away from the kiss due to my lungs which begged for oxygen. "Remind me to never bet against you again," I murmured to him as I gasped for air.

He chuckled as he held me close, our loud breathing filling the silent night. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my wild heart. He made my body react in ways it has never done before.

"I... Helena I...." I heard him sigh deeply before shifting beside me. I heard a rustle of clothing and then felt him lean in close to me. A shaky hand was placed upon my cheek, the warmth of his flesh made me shiver.

I placed my hand over his own slowly, to not scare him into pulling away. The skin beneath my hand was scared, but I felt the fear radiate from him which saddened me. I leaned into his hand and turned my head to press a kiss upon his palm.