Seeking The Witch

-Victor pov-

  "Maddie, I'll be out. I don't know when I'll be back but make sure to keep an eye on Helena. She won't want help but she will probably need it. Cater to her needs and make sure she eats. I'll be back as soon as possible." I grab the car keys from the hook by the front door as Maddie handed me a coffee cup.

  "Of course Victor." I leave with a final nod and hop into the car, my hands shaky with nerves. I had to talk to the witch about Helena.

  While I drove I thought about Helena and her sweet words. She always knew what to say and how to make me feel better. She has the sweetest soul, and I wanted to be a part of that. I wanted for her to share her soul with me.

  I wasn't the best person in the world, I had more flaws than the next person but I was trying to make up for them, for Helena. A gentle soul like her deserved the best and I wanted to be that for her.

  I finally arrived at the witch's home, not letting my nerves stop me from pounding on the door. "What do you want Victor?" She called out from behind the door before throwing it open.

  She stood there, in a rather provocative dress, but instead of it turning me on it did nothing for me. Helena's grey blue eyes filled my thoughts instead. "I need you to do something for me."

  "I already told you I wasn't going to reverse the curse Victor."

  "It's not my curse I came to talk about. Can you reverse blindness?" She gave me a blank look, making me sigh in frustration. "Look, you have magic. I want to know if you can return someone their sight. Can you?"

  "Well it depends. Were they born blind?"

  "No."

  "Then of course I can. Why do you want to know?"

  "I want you to give Helena back her sight."

  A huge laugh escaped her lips, which were painted a scarlet red. "Helena? So someone has managed to steal your heart my prince? Tell me, is she beautiful?"

  "That's none of your business. I want you to give her back her sight. She deserves it as much as I deserve this curse." She frowns, looking deep in thought as she leaned against the doorframe.

  "You really care about her don't you?" She finally spoke, her words more gentle than before.

  "I love her." A sad smile appears on her face and she nods.

  "I can return her sight, if and when she speaks the words that she loves you as well. There's no other way. I wish I could help some more, but that's as much as I can do."

  "That's all I ask for. Thank you. I really mean that, thank you. This has really opened my eyes. Thanks to you I found love."

  "I'm glad at least one of us has...." With that she closed the door, leaving me to hurry back to the car and speed home.

  "...lying son of a...." Were the words I heard screamed from upstairs as I walked in through the front door.

  "She's angry." Maddie sighs as she hurries into the kitchen. I follow her in, hearing Helena yelling from upstairs.

  "Why is she angry?"

  "Did you never mention to her that you were the prince?!" Maddie stares me down, hands on her waist.

  "She found out?"

  "She was going to sooner or later young man. I thought you had told her. She's been yelling for hours now."

  "Damn it." I run my hands through my hair and turn on my heels, hurrying toward Helena's angry voice.

  "I wouldn't go in there!" Maddie yells out to me but I ignore her and enter Helena's room.

  "You lying son of a...." I ducked in time as the shoe Helena was holding  was thrown at me. I heard it hit the wall behind the open door behind me. "You lied to me. You dirty rotten Prince!" She sneered at me, reaching out for something to throw at me.

  "I never lied to you Helena. I just simply left it out, which isn't a lie." I tried to defend myself, wincing at my pathetic attempt.

  "Left it out? Left it out!? You don't leave out something like that Prince Victor. You all but lied to me. You were just playing with me this whole time. And to think that I was falling for you. What a fool I am. A fool for thinking that you were actually this great guy. But all you are is a playboy prince."

  "This is exactly why I left out that part of me! I didn't want you to see me any differently. I wanted you to see me as I truly am. Not my title, not any public labels, just plain Victor Knight."

  "That's the thing, you're not just a plain person. You are the Prince. You will be king someday and you just strung me along, knowing I would be putty in your hands. You are exactly how people have described you. I hate you." Helena drops to her knees, her head in her hands as her body shakes with sobs.

  "Helena, I'm so sorry. I know, I should've told you, but I didn't want that to come between us." I drop beside her and try to wrap my arms around her but she shoves me away every time.

  "Too late." She manages to whisper between her sobs. My heart breaks, seeing her crying because of me. I never meant to hurt her. I was going to tell her, I didn't know when but I was. I just wanted her to get to know me first before I told her.

  "I'm sorry." I press a kiss upon the top of her head and all but run out of the house, jumping into the car and speeding off, determine to fix it all. To somehow make it all better.

  I arrive back at the witches house, pounding at her door with determination. "What now Victor?" She says with a sigh.

  "Give Helena her sight."

  "I already told you Victor, I cannot do th-"

  "Sacrifice me. Use me in any way you need, just please give her sight. I'll do anything." I all but drop to my knees to beg her.

  "You really love this girl don't you?" I just nod, hoping she would say yes to my request. "Come in, I'll see what I can do. Just be ready to pay the consequences, everything has a price."

  "I'll pay whatever I have to. As long as she can see again."

  "Very well," she ushers me in, locking the door behind us. "Follow me, if you dare," she says with a sinister smile. I gulp but follow, my only thoughts on Helena and her tear stricken face. I will fix this, even if it kills me.