CHAPTER 00

Yuri clutched the locket on her chest. She's almost there. looking at the hallway and watching the two guards walk away.

'I can do this.'

She tucked her fringe behind her ear. In all places, why here? she questioned herself un-decidedly, before slapping her forehead chuckling bitterly in her mind.

Great, now I've turned Paris –the so called city of love into a graveyard of death caused by me. Just great, Yuri. She talked to herself while speedily and sneakily walking up the stairs.

Underneath the beautiful structure of the Eiffel Tower, in its massive glory stood a man who held a pocketwatch in one arm, wathing as another minute passed by. It was a few more minutes, A few more till it stroke 11:11PM.

When Yuri Reached the top, she smiled weakly. The height made her queasy and dizzy.

Maybe she joined this whole fiasco in Paris for a reason.

She thought it would help her in life.

She was wrong.

It only made her realize that she –a freak of nature, shouldn't be in this world.

That she wasn't supposed to exist.

That she wasn't supposed to be in this world.

She doesn't deserve the opportunity to live here.

She was just a mistake that the world created.

'Ten . . .'

Yuri glanced for the last time at her locket and opened it, she caressed the worn black and white photo of her father and sighed.

"Thank you for the wonderful memories, no matter how short they were."

She whispered

'Three. . . '

And she walked slowly to the edge-

'Come on, hurry up.'

And fell down the Eiffel Tower, her eyes flashing with a brief look of regret before panic, fear and finally acceptance filled her mind.

'Two . . .'

And Yuri fell.

'One . . .'

The man from before, walked away from the tower a ghost of a smile upon his lips.