Confident

-Confident

I came home from school and threw my bag on the chair.

"Shayla!", My mom yelled right when I walked in.

"Yeah?"

"Your test...how did you do?", She gave me a little smile. I sat there frowning.

"Mom..to be completely honest with you.....,. I got a C+!", I showed her the paper and started jumping around.

"Thats awesome!!!", She hugged me,

"See Keaton is helping you"

"Yeah"

"I told you he was-

"Don't push it", I interrupted her.

"What time is he coming?"

"Actually he should be here any minute"

"Wait!", I ran over to the window and saw Keaton walking from Lexi's house over to mine.

My mom saw him do it too.

"Another client I guess", She shrugged and walked to the kitchen.

I opened the door and Keaton started running to it.

"How was the test!", He blurted out right away.

I stared at him and slowly decreased the distance between us. I was very serious and was pulling it off.

"Im sor-

"I got a C+!", I yelled and wrapped my arms around him.

"Omy jeez! thats awesome!!", He hugged me back. Once I realized what I was doing I quickly backed up and dusted my self off.

"Thank you", I coughed.

"I think you deserve a break today, and....Here is a word from the list", Keaton reached in his pocket and pulled out a small ripped off piece of paper. He grabbed my hand and placed the paper gently inside my palm then placed a finger over his mouth. After that, Keaton turned around and was gone.

* Couple of minutes later*

I sat in my bed and unraveled the small slip excited to finally see what it's about.

"Confident", I read.

"What the heck? is that it!", I yelled and threw it to the side.

I fell back down on my bed and thought about today. I soon fell asleep.

I felt someone shake me so I opened my eyes.

"Shayla before you leave, Keaton just called me and told me he needs you to come over to tutor because he has to make sure his brother doesn't do anything stupid", My mom talked quickly.

"I can't drive home with him! Can I just have another break?", I answered.

"No! now get dressed your gonna be late, and don't forget, he is gonna be at the entrance of the school at the end of the day"

"You are killing me mom", I complained.

She walked out of my room and I got dressed as normally.

"Today is gonna be good", I told my self in the mirror.

*School*

"Hey Shayla", Someone said. I waved. at least 5 people said Hi to me when I walked down the hallway. I felt somewhat special.

I did good in all my classes and was very happy. Until math came.

"Shayla", Mr. Cort smiled.

"Your on the most improvement board",