Chapter3️⃣

"If the state of New York considers 17 to be old enough to give sexual consent, I think 17 is old enough for me to take her to her prom," Josh pointed out. "Not that I'm saying her prom will end with needing the age of consent," he clarified, glancing up at Topanga.

"I wasn't thinking that," she defended, going back to busy herself with cooking.

"So do you want me to take you girls shopping and help you decide, or am I banned from seeing you all dolled up until the night of?" Josh asked.

"You can go, if you actually want to, you don't have to," Maya answered, since he was mostly talking to her.

"Sure, and then I know a way to match," he said with a smile. "Plus I want to make sure my niece is wearing something appropriate," he teased, as if Riley would wear anything not appropriate.

Riley gave him a hard look, not that he could take her seriously. "You're very funny," she told him with a roll of her eyes.

Josh smirked in response. "If you girls have eliminated enough and want to go now, I'm done for the day," he said, holding up his keys.

Riley and Maya turned their attention to Topanga, looking to see her reaction about going that day. "You have two hours until dinner. Do you promise to be back by then?" Topanga asked, glancing at the girls.

"I'll personally drag them out of the store and make sure they're back in time," Josh promised as the girls nodded in agreement.

Topanga took a moment, before going to her purse and got out a card, offering it to Josh. "For both their dresses," she said, giving Maya a look to not even bother protesting. Katy was still living paycheck to paycheck, and Shawn was out of town on a job, so he couldn't offer to pay for it.