Chapter 7

It has been a week since dinner with my family. Things with T are still not good. So today I'm picking her up from school and taking her shopping. I really want to show her that I'm still the dad she has always known.

---------

I pull up to the school parking lot and wait until I see my daughter walk outside. Once I do see her I step out of my car. She spots me a walks over, but the smile on her face is gone. I open the door for her and she gives me a glare before getting into the car. I shut the door and get back into the driver's side and drive.

"So you and I are going to go shopping. Whatever you want." I say and give her a smile as I stop at a red light.

"Fine whatever." She mumbles before staring out the window.

------------

"So are you having a good time?" I ask as we wait in line at a Starbucks in the mall. I'm currently holding so many bags that I think my hands are going to fall off.

"Yes." She whispers.

I pay for her drink and we are off to another store.

"So um you and mom are back together?"

"We are working it all out. I love your mom and you and your brothers so much. I feel.....words can't even describe it. I should have never let this happen. I miss you guys. I miss my little girl whose eyes sparkled whenever she saw me. I miss us being a family that we are supposed to be forever. Your mom and I are going to consoling and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to have my family back."

"I'm sorry I haven't been nice lately. I know you're trying but I was afraid that it would happen all over again and I would lose my dad for good."

"I totally understand that T. I wouldn't expect anything else especially because you understand what was going on unlike your brothers."

"I love you dad." She says giving me a hug.

"I love you too T."

-----------

"So how did it go?" Jill asks me on our daily late night FaceTime session when our kids are asleep.

"Very good. We talked and I told her I'm not letting you guys go again. She also told me she loves me so I think it was a success."

"Good. Can I say something?"

"Of course you can say anything to me."

"About the other night at dinner when we almost kissed, I'm sorry that o overstepped. I just.....you were being the guy I feel in love with. I thought that I had lost that guy forever."

"Jill I was always there. It was just an ass who took over that guy. I want to be the guy that you feel in love with. And I want to be with that girl from the hair salon that I feel in love with the minute I laid my eyes on her. I can't begin to say how sorry I am. And we will work this out. We will be a family together again. It will take a lot of hard work and time but we will get there. There is nothing else I want more in this world than you guys."

"And I know you are being amazing about this and I know we will get there again." She says as she yawns.

"You should get some sleep. You got a big day tomorrow."

"Yeah last consoling session before you head off to London."

"We will not lose our progress just because I'm all the way in London."

"I know. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Jill."

"Goodnight Patrick."