Chapter 10

Christmas. It is a time to be with the ones you love. As I step off the plane finally back in the states I smile knowing that I am going to see my family. I find the car that is picking me up from the airport. I get in and buckle my seatbelt and pull out my phone texting my wife.

'Hey honey. I just landed in the car coming home. I love you and will see you soon.'

She texts me back, 'Ok. I love you too.'

I sit back and look out the window impatient to get home.

-----------

The car pulls into the driveway of Jill's home. I get out of the car and the driver hands me my bags before I walk to the front door. The door opens and Jill walks out and opens her arms out to me. I set down my bags and wrap my arms around her and hug her.

"You're home." She whispers as she hugs me.

"I'm home."

She pulls back slightly and kisses me. I smile against her lips as I kiss her.

"Dad!" I hear a younger version of Jill's voice yell excitedly. I pull away from Jill and hug Tee tightly.

"Hey Tee." I smile hugging her back.

"Merry Christmas Eve daddy."

"Merry Christmas Eve Tee."

She smiles pulling away from me and runs back inside.

I turn to Jill and ask, "Where are the boys?"

"They are at a friend's house."

Smiles and puts my arm around her walking inside.

"How was filming?" She asks as we walk into the living room.

"It was good. I'm so glad that I am home. I missed you and the kids."

"We missed you too." We sit down on the couch and I put my arms around her holding her close.

"Are we going to church tonight?"

"Like every year." I rub her back as we fall into a comfortable silence.

"How have you been?" I ask breaking the silence.

"I've been good. I have been waiting impatiently for today." She smiles up at me.

"Me too. I got the kids presents from London."

"Good. They can go under the tree with the rest of our presents for them."

"I got you something too." Smiles down at her.

"Patrick you didn't have to."

"I know, but you mean the world to me. It's been a year since everything changed and you took me back."

"I love you Patrick."

"I love you too Jill." I smile and kiss her.

-------

That night, after we get back from church and the kids are in bed, Jill and I are sitting next to the tree with the fire going. We are sharing a bottle of wine and just enjoying each other on Christmas Eve. I turn and grab a small box from under the tree, and I turn to look at Jill.

"Jill, I know we are still working through things, but I am confident we are moving in the right direction. I want to ask you something and you don't have to say anything right now. I will give you all the time in the world." I hand her the box and watch as she slowly opens it. She looks up at me unsure what I am going to ask her.