Smoothie Date

"In the beginning
I never thought it would be you
When we were chilling
Smiling in the photo booth
But we got closer
Soon you were eating off my spoon."
~Jason Derulo 'The Other Side'

"Oh my gosh! This is my chance Alya!" Marinette exclaimed with ecstatic eyes. She danced circles around her best friend and lept into the air like an energetic rabbit. "And why would that be?" Alya giggled while she continued to walk down the dimly lit street.

The moon was up high in the sky, streaming it's light on the lovely city. Marinette grinned and stopped on the sidewalk to face her friend. "We're going out on a date with Adrien! I still can't believe he asked us!" She twirled around again and grabbed Alya's wrist. "Hurry! Or we're going to be late!" She dragged her away towards a small but charming cafe that made the best smoothies in the whole city.

"A group date you mean? All of us as friends," Alya mentioned while trying to catch her breath. "Adrien... And Nino... And me?" She added awkwardly. She almost toppled over when Marinette came to a complete stop at a red light suddenly.

"Well yeah," Marinette glanced at a shop window with her reflection and tried to fix the loose strands coming out of her hair. "But, I can get closer to Adrien. And maybe ask him to go out again, we start dating, and we live happily ever after!" She yelped with a twinkle in her eye. Alya sighed, but still smiled.

When the light turned green, they crossed the busy street and opened the door to the golden cafe. Fruity smells wafted towards them and made Marinette want to melt. "There they are!" Alya called. At the corner of the cafe, Adrien and Nino were sitting at a table. Nino looked over his shoulder and noticed the girls. "Hey guys!" He waved excitedly. "Let's go order." He pointed to the cashier. They both stood up and met in the short line.

"Hey!" Nino took the reign in the conversation. He half hugged Alya, leaving Adrien and Marinette in the dust. "Hi Marinette!" Adrien kindly greeted her. Marinette's heart exploded, but she did her best to keep her cool in front of her crush. "H-hello." Her hand slightly waved at him. "So, cool place huh?" She scanned the cafe with the glowing light. Adrien shrugged a little and looked away, almost like he was embarrassed. "Actually I've never been here before. Shocking huh?" Marinette hesitated for a minute before speaking again.

"Well, glad you could us meet... I mean us could meet! Wait no! Er..." She pointed behind her. "Uh, let's order. It's our turn anyways." She cried with a fake grin. Adrien nodded and moved forward with Nino. Alya face palmed herself before moving forward again. "Nice going Marinette." Tikki peeked out of her purse. Marinette frowned and closed the purse and met with the group.

"A Lovely Lemon smoothie for the lady. And for me, I'll have the Mango Madness," he confidently told the cashier, who looked ready to punch someone. Nino began to take out his leather wallet and waited for Adrien and Marinette's choices. They glanced at the menu that was sloppily written in colored chalk and spotted their favorite flavors on the board.

"A Strawberry Swirl please." They both said in unison. Both of them looked at each other in surprise and laughed a bit. "It's my favorite!" They added together. Adrien turned away as his pale face turned a soft pink. Marinette whirled around as well and played with her dark hair. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Alya winking at her. Nino nearly dropped his wallet at the coincidence, but still paid the woman.

Even from the inside of her purse, Marinette could still hear Tikki lightly teasing her. Adrien backed away from the group while their smoothies were being prepared.

Plagg perked up from his white jacket and snickered. "Wow, your first time here and you already have a girlfriend." It sounded so familiar, like he had said something similar to that a long time ago. Adrien couldn't quite remember though.