Chapter 9

*Crystals Pov*

I lay stunned on the floor with DeathMist standing over at me. "Give up yet?" He asked darkly.

I pondered all of the possible out comes and I wasn't going to succeed in any of them, most likely but that one horrible idea was worth a shot. I stood to my feet and dropped my weapon. "I give up." I said with a grim look on my face. He smiled and picked up my weapon.

"Remove every weapon you have." He said as he watched me remove 23 daggers from my belt, shoes, hair, jacket and one from behind me ear. Even I don't know how that one got there. "Alright follow me, BlackWhisper, destroy these weapons." He said as he walked out the door with me trailing behind him with my head down.

After a minute of walking in silence he broke it and started to talk to me. "Well, you certainly have come a long way, your style is different and your skill has increased for sure." He paused and stopped walking. He had removed his extra enhancements and looked back to normal. Now was my chance but he kept talking. "So, what else do you have hiding up your sleeves?" He asked as he turned around to face me.

"I was wondering when you would ask that." I said as I snickered at him. He back up a bit and put his hand in his weapon. But it was too late he was looking into my eyes. I now controlled him. His eyes went white as he gasped and tried to talk. "Wha-? What are you doing?!" He said to me, he sounded so scared.

"Taking what's rightfully mine." I hadn't sealed my grip on his mind and once I did he would be my companion, forever. "Why don't you just give up and let me rule?" I asked my voiced turned soft and nice. I was really asking him.

"I-I... Because I don't want to give up my only source of power." He said, his voice coming as a whisper.

"But you have power. Why do you think it would be taken away from you?" I asked sympathetically.

"I'm not really sure." Was his reply.

"Listen," I said as I released my hold on him. He dropped to the ground and I bent down to him. "Look at me." He raised his head. "I know what your feeling like. That you have no worth and that they might get rid of you any time, but they won't. Even if you pass your leadership down to another, like what you should have done last month, then you'll be fine! I can help you if you want! But, I need a favor." I said nicely to him as I helped him to his feet and gave him a small hug.

"Really? You will? Because I like you a lot..." He said sheepishly.

"That's nice, now can you do me a favor?"

He looked around and down at his feet. "I guess. Depends what it is."

"Just answer this question. Where did shade get his powers and another thing is that I need help getting my friend back from their prison." I said.

"Shade....hmm well I think I have him his powers..." I let out a gasp as he said this. "And yeah we can get your friend out no problem, we can take a patrol."

"Well then, you're going to have to fight him and take his powers away. While I go get my friend. Sound like a plan?" I asked him.

"Yes it does." He said as he toke my wrist and led me towards the training area. I was going to save Ghost and make Shade killable so that we could end this once and for all.