Prologue

Chapter 1:

"Jessica. Please baby, don't do it." Brandon, her mate, stood about a foot away from her, his eyes pleading.

"Jessica, baby I need you!"

"Then you should have thought about it before you acted on your stupid fantasies." Jessica couldn't control the disgust in her tone, as she looked at her mate, as she held the golden dagger above her left wrist threatening to remove his blood, and soul, from hers. 

"Jessica, no!" Brandon lunged, as he tried to grab the knife from her, but it was no use. In those very few seconds, she had made the cut, and her blood poured to the ground.

"NO!!!" Brandon fell to the ground, his head in his hands. His world was crashing down around him, and all he could do was sit and watch. How could she have done something like this?

Jessica winced in pain as her blood fell to the ground. She made no attempt to stop it, but instead took her bleeding hand, and placed the golden dagger in her hands once again, slitting her other wrist and allowing the red crimson to fall to the ground.

Brandon sat and watched, as the love of his life drained his blood from hers, driving a wedge between their souls. As he watched, he could feel her becoming even more and more distant from him, but the only thing worse, was her eyes.

Jessica was a special wolf, whose eyes were different from most. They were red, as deep and caring as a rose. But now, now they were a thick, murky, jet black color. They weren't the eyes of the woman who just yesterday made love to him on his very own California King bed, but they were the eyes of a woman who no longer felt any meaning within the world. She was broken.

As the last few drops of blood made it out of her body, Jessica let out a sigh of relief, and ripped the bottom of her long, white flowing skirt before wrapping each piece of cloth around her wrist to prevent the loss of her own blood. She may have wanted his soul separated from his, but she did NOT want to die in the slightest. If you had a child growing in your stomach, you wouldn't want to die either.

Yes, it was true, Jessica was pregnant. Her mate didn't know, and she had planned on telling him in a few days, when it was time for her to go to the hospital and figure out the sex of the child. If only she hadn't caught him in bed with another woman.

Scarlet, the pack slut, had made it a game, a personal goal of hers, to bed her husband/ mate. When she first heard of this, Jessica simply laughed. She believed that their love was strong enough to conquer all male hormones he had, but finding them together in bed, didn't make her feel the same anymore. She felt like a hollow shell, and anyone who saw her would know it. They would be able to tell from the way her bright red eyes were now a solid black color.

"I'm taking some time off." 

"What?" These were the only words she had spoken to him in quite a while, and it made his heart sink even more. What did she mean, take time off? 

"I'm taking time off. Getting away from here. I will be back, in about five years time."

"FIVE YEARS!" Brandon could feel his voice rising, but he couldn't help it. She was leaving him for five years! He had a pack to run, a pack that required her by his side. 

"Yes, ÿfive years. Maybe by then I could be healed of all the hurt and pain you have caused me."

"Jessica, please don't leave I- I-"

"You'll what Brandon. Screw with girls while I sit and watch? Not going to happen Brandon." Jessica turned around and headed towards her car, which contained everything she would need to make it in London. As she walked away, a hand gripped onto her wrist, pulling her back. It was the same hand that so many times caressed her body as it's owner whispered words of love in her ear. Words of how much he needed her, words of how they would be together forever, words of the children in theirr future.