Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

After about an hour's drive, Jessica finally made it to the airport. Her luggage, consisted of one zebra stripped suitcase, and a duffelbag filled with four million in cash. She had taken it from her soon to be ex-husband when he was asleep the night before. 

Everywhere Jess went, she could feel eyes on her. Everything about her aura just screamed 'rich and powerful' which was only half true. Her 'mate' was the alpha of all alphas, and he was respected for that. After the two had mated, everywhere she went people would stare, trying to catch a glimpse of the tall beauty. The only turn off? Her now black as night eyes, that once contained the most lively spark and love, were set into a firm glare as she walked through the upperclass airport. 

As she approached the man taking tickets, she noticed him squirm at her mere pressence. When she finally stood in front of him, holding out her ticket, he couldn't help but gasp as he read the name.

"Jessica Laurence?" Jessica sighed, before nodding her head. 

"As in, the Jessica Laurence? All female of virtually every pack in the entire world, Jessica Laurence?"

"I used to be, yes." Confusion crossed the man's face as he stared at Jessica. 

"Used to be?" 

"Well, yes. Why in world would I be here, if it wasn't to escape my dirty, filthy, lying bastard of an ex-husband?"

"So, you're not Jessica Laurence?"

Jessica was starting to become aggitated with this man. Couldn't he just give her the damn sign to go!

"Yes, I am no longer Jessica Laurence, now I'm just, Jessica Baker. I have no title."

"Oh, alright." The man slouched in his seat again, his eyes filling with boredom. Certainly he didn't just talk to her because of her position! 

"May I go now?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He slid her ticket through the scanner, and she sighed before finally walking out onto the boarding lane. 

Jessica quickly made it to her seat, row 5B. She grew aggitated as the lower class passenger's walked passed her, their eyes popping out of their sockets, in a none literal way of course.

This was going to be a long flight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Brandon paced his office, punching the wall whenever he reached it.

How could he let the love of his life, slip through his fingers like sand. She was his everything, is his everything, and he didn't know what he would do without her. 

As the thought of anyone hurting Jessica, Brandon threw another punch through the wall, breaking his knuckles in the process. He kept going however; because it would heal in a few minutes. 

"WHY?!" He screamed out in frustration. Certainly, someone could provide him an answer. Why did he betray the one woman that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with? Why did he let her go? And most importantly, how does he get her back? Surely she'd cover her tracks, her scent as well. The mind link between the two had broken when she drained his blood from hers. So why in the world did he feel a slight nagging on the right side of his head? It was like someone was trying to communicate with him, yet, if his connection with Jessica had been shattered to pieces, how in world was this possible? 

Unsure, Brandon brought up his own shield, only to be bombed with questions from each of his family members. 

Jessica has left?