12.

Before you get involved with me, you need to understand that I'm damaged and that the relationship we share will not be all sunshine in roses, in all honesty it will probably be the hardest relationship you'll have experienced.

You need to understand that I trigger easily, and that triggers can arise for me at any given moment. I have struggled, and I continue to struggle every day.

There will be nights or mornings or in-the-middle-of-the-days where I'll be curled up in a ball on the floor crying, refusing to talk to anyone.

I will shut you out, over and over again, I'll struggle to trust you for a while because everyone I've ever trusted has left. Or hurt me.

You need to understand that I'll need constant reassurance. I'll need you, always. I'll need you to continue to choose me, over and over.

I'm damaged.

So before you go on thinking that I'll always be happy and our relationship will be all happy and shiny and sunshine and roses. Know the reality. Do not enter my life if you have no intention of staying, do not tell me you love me if you don't intend to love me through the worst of it. Do not make promises to me you cannot keep.

Don't you dare touch my heart if you are not ready for me.