The Ever "Heroic" Prince

-Adrien's POV-

A life of luxury and comfort may sound like a dream come true, but it was more like a nightmare for the prince Adrien. Sure he had servants at his every whim, and yes he received the best education. Yet he was always trapped within the castle's walls like a bird whose wings had been clipped and then caged.

Adrien was the type of boy who wanted freedom and dreamed often of adventures. In his books he had read stories of different worlds and found himself reaching towards the ever distant stars. His most favorite books to read were about superheroes.

Sometimes he liked pretend he was a superhero, gallantly saving the day. He tended to envision his father as the villain since his father was the reason Adrien was so trapped. Adrien wanted to be rid of the responsibilities of his noble birth, not practice manners and attend Royal balls.

Yet here Adrien was, his father getting a ball ready. To say the least, his father had expectations. And by expectations he meant really HIGH expectations. Just the thought of it made Adrien sigh.

It wasn't all too bad though. Adrien, in his adventuring spirit, had the whole castle memorized from running around it so often. He had discovered a few secret passages that lead to town. Since he was alone today, he had decided to sneak through one with a cloak to hide his face from guards. No one would even miss him.

-Marinette's POV-

Dreams of floating gowns and warm spring air filled Marinette's head with all sorts of rather ludicrous thoughts. Perhaps she would simply dress so beautifully that everyone in the room would dance with her. If humans could fly, Marinette would be hovering off the ground as she imagined the perfect dance.

As she hummed and spun around the kitchen her thoughts were cut right in half by reality as Miss Agnés walked in.

"Girl, why haven't you started chopping?" The woman barked, referring to the all-but-forgotten vegetables on the cutting board. "Get your head out of the clouds and start working!"

How could a work girl like Marinette ever dream to go to a ball? Marinette thought with a sigh. She didn't own anything like a gown, although she had plenty of drawings of them... And could sew one. It was with this thought that an idea clicked.

"Of course." Marinette smiled to herself. "Always a genius, Marinette."

----

As soon as Marinette was free from her duties, which took almost all day, she rushed to the market with every bit of coin she had held onto for the past sixteen years. It wasn't very much, but she had earned it herself.

She stopped by an open vendor-like shop with beautiful fabrics. Blues, greens, yellows, and all the colors of the rainbow. What caught her eyes was a beautiful red fabric with black spots, like a ladybug.

Just as she was about to reach for the ladybug fabric someone brushed up against her, snatching her sack of coin. Gasping out, Marinette ran after the coin snatcher.

"Come back here you rotten thief!" Marinette yelled as she worked her legs to run as fast as she could possibly push them.

And yet, it wasn't enough. Even though she was moving with all her might the thief was faster than her. Desperate tears came to her eyes when suddenly a flash of golden hair suddenly tackled the thief.

A strange boy pinned the thief and took the coin sack before going to Marinette, grinning as he gave her the coin sack.

"T-Thank you." Marinette spoke, half gasping for air.

"I simply couldn't ignore a lady in distress." The boy replied flirtatiously.

With a mock laugh, Marinette inquired in a teasing manner, "May I know my savior's name?"

"Adrien."

----

Adrien. Was there even a word to describe the boy? He had appeared so suddenly into her life she hadn't stopped to think of that familiar sounding name. I mean, lots of people can be named Adrien after all.

Sure he was sort of cute, but Marinette didn't really care about anything to do with boys. Heck, skip the boys entirely. She would give up a million boys for this once in a life time chance to attend such a high and prestigious ball. Who wouldn't?

But at least he was nice enough to help escort her back to the orphanage after buying the fabric and thread she needed. She was a bit embarrassed that he found out about her living situation though. It was awkward when people realized you didn't exactly have parents, or a real home for that matter.

"Thanks for helping me out back there Adrien." She bowed once again, truly grateful.

"If you feel that indebted you can always go on a date with me." He casually joked.

"No, that's okay.. But I will pay you back."

"My, only go for princes?" He nodded towards the fabrics.

"As if." Marinette laughed out. "He would never have interest in a commoner, much less speak to one."

"Who knows." He shrugged casually. "He could be standing right in front of you."

"Well.. It's nice to dream." Marinette chuckled again before heading inside. She didn't want to dream that big. There was no use in crushing her hopes by being totally delusional.

-Adrien's POV-

He cursed to himself as Marinette slipped through his fingers. He really thought all those flirting techniques would help. So much for reading those books, he thought sarcastically.

As he walked back to the market he found the thief and sighed, shaking his head. He looked disappointed as he approached the man.

"No good, Nino." Adrien kicked at the dirt.

The boy, Nino, went over to Adrien and pat his buddies back. "That's the first time a girl has rejected you after saving her from wicked old àmoi."

"I know.." Adrien sighed dramatically. "Girls, am I right?"

{Chapter end}

Author notes: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, but my haitus is over

Author notes: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, but my haitus is over. (I swear *sweats nervously*). I like making plot twists, so I hoped you enjoyed this one. Ehehe, sly skeleton.~

I, The King of Skeletons, swear to update more from now on.