The Grand Ball: Dance until Midnight (Part Two)

{Note from the Author: wattpad keeps making the updates blank so please let me know if you can't see the chapter.}

-Adrien's POV-

"Will you give me the honor of dancing with you, Marinette?"

With that cute blush of her's, she nodded a silent yes. He almost felt proud of himself for making her react so adorably. Gently placing his right hand on her shoulder and the other on her waist, he guided her under the moonlight in a dance.

This time they danced to the music, the notes of the loud orchestra concert echoing beyond the castle walls with notes bouncing far beyond reach.

Even in the dim light he couldn't keep his eyes off of Marinette as they endlessly spun upon the stone. If he could choose to, he would dance with her like this forever.

As he guided her along he pulled her closer by small fractions, their bodies intertwining ever more. As he moved so did his hand, brushing by her collar-bone and tracing up her neckline before settling on her soft cheek.

Suddenly their dance had stopped as he leaned in towards her and ever gently caught his Ladybug, their lips pressing and holding in a passionate and soft kiss. It felt just as magical as he had imagined it, but it was short-lived.

For some strange reason, his back oddly warm, as if hot liquid was falling down it.

-Marinette's POV-

Marinette was half shocked and half surprised when the prince kissed her so gently. For a moment all she wanted to do was resist him as her mind screamed, no, I only want Adrien to kiss me.

Wait.. Adrien? Why would she want Adrien to kiss her instead? It was then that she realized what she had denied all this time.

Marinette loved Adrien.

The darkness of a violet butterfly clutched her heart in her despair. Why did Agnés want to ruin everything, and now the prince? Why was everyone in the world trying to keep her from Adrien?

In her head she heard the voice of Papillon, "Now it's time for you to hold up your end of the deal. I gave you the ball you wanted, now all you have to do is take the knife I put in your pocket and kill the prince. It shouldn't be a problem for you, if he lives he'll only keep you away from your love after all."

Marinette gently hugged the prince with a nod, understanding what she had to do in order to be happy. From her pocket she drew her knife and made one clean stab to prince Agreste's back.

----

Adrien staggered backwards as pain shot through not only his back, but his heart as well as he realized he had been stabbed.

"M.. Marinette." He called softly, no longer disguising his tone.

She covered her mouth in horror as she discovered just who she had hurt. Her Adrien had been stabbed by her own two hands.

As he started to fall over she rushed to him, grabbing the knife from his back with the intention to remove it but he stopped her.

"Don't," He gripped her dress in his hand, "It will make me bleed out faster if you pull it. I want to be with you for a bit longer."

Marinette's tears burned in her eyes as she sobbed out his name. "Adrien."

"Adrien," She continued as her throat tightened from sorrow, "I am so sorry. It was Papillion, he told me to kill the prince."

Gently, she removed his mask as she held him in her arms. If he was going to die she wanted to see his face one last time, even if she no longer deserved it.

"Marinette... even though we have only known each other for a short amount of time, I have never once stopped thinking about you. For as long as I have known you I have watched your beauty from afar. Your beautiful red always catches my eye no matter where you go. Before I even knew it..." He slowly reached to touch her face again. "I found myself loving you."

As they shared one last kiss Marinette found herself crying, simply holding him close in the rose garden until his body went cold. The moonlight was suddenly gone, leaving her in total darkness.

Even though she didn't want to accept it, even if it tore out her heart, no matter how much she rebelled against fate, she knew as she desperately clung his limp body...

She knew Adrien was dead.

{The Ball: Dance Until Midnight (Part Two) end}

Author note: Let me just ruin your heart. ;3
Enjoying the feels? This is not the end! But no, I am not giving out any spoilers.
Also, teaser for my next Miraculous fanfic, more feels coming soon:

Son, why are you crushing thorns? I'm worried about you...