Chapter 3 - Oswald Cobblepot

"Why, hello. It's so good to see you. It has been such a long day without you." I greeted my lover as I pulled up after work. He gave me a quick smile before going back to his puzzled look.

I asked him what was the matter. He replied, "Just thinking about something... peculiar that happened at work today..." What could be bothering him so much?

"What happened, Ed?" I wonder if this has anything to do with the story Ms. Mooney told me about today...

He shook his head before looking at me and saying, "Oh, nothing you need to worry your cute little head about, love." He smiled before I started driving away from the GCPD.

~~~

At the apartment, we rested after our long day. I was a few articles behind at work, and I needed to catch up today. Ed said he was working a mysterious new case.

After about an hour, we received a phone call. I answered to hear Jim Gordon on the other line.

"You're really gonna do this..? After what you told me?" He said in a slur of drunkenness. I sighed before excusing myself from Ed and stepping out onto the patio.

"Are you really going to do this, Jim? I told you I was with Ed. I've been with Ed since junior year. It just wasn't gonna work with you." I tried to explain.

"What about what you told me?" He cried out. It sounded like he was sobbing into the phone.

"What do you mean by that? I haven't talked to you in months" I rolled my eyes as I further explained.

"Last week. At the bar. Ed was working late. You can't say you don't remember... You weren't that drunk. I know you weren't..." he sobbed.

Shit...

~~~

After I talked to Jim, I walked back in and hung the phone on the receiver. Ed hadn't moved from the couch. He smiled at me and smiled back. Although my smile felt heavier now...

I sat down next to Ed before laying my head down in his lap. "What did our friend Jim Gordon have to say?" Ed asked.

I looked up at him and smiled before saying, "He wanted to congratulate us on our engagement."

"Ah. I see." Ed said, "We'll probably be getting a lot of that won't we?"

"We sure will, my lovely." I smiled in response.

~~~

The next day during my lunch break, I went to the park. He walked up with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Jim..." I greeted less than friendly.

"Aw, Oswald, baby! Don't be like that. You know you love me!" He replied cocky as ever.

"No. Stop it. I was intoxicated. I have no interest in you or furthering this conversation if this is how you're going to be." I said firmly.

I froze as he walked up to me and grabbed me by my waist. He pulled me against him and a small gasp escaped me. He must have seen that as a sign to continue because he starting inching his hands under my shirt. "You know you miss me." He hissed in my ear before nibbling on it and kissing all over my neck.

I made a weird noise before pushing away from him. "No. I said no, Jim. I mean it. Now, good day!" Without another word, I turned and walked back to work.

I hated the way he made me feel. I did like it and that was a problem. I love Edward Nygma. He is a brilliant man. Jim Gordon is mean and trying to ruin what I have with Ed. Jim still thinks I cheated on him with Ed back in college. That is not how it happened...