Chapter 5 - Jim Gordon

I've been trying to focus on my work, but seeing Ed prance around the precinct made my blood boil.

I've apologized again and again to both of them. Truth is, I love Oswald Cobblepot... I always have. I was so mad and bitter when he left me. I knew he was spending all his time with Ed. I thought they were already seeing each other behind my back. I wasn't ready to come out yet, and Oswald didn't help by showing up all the time. I'm surprised no one figured it out.

They accepted me as their friend, but never really let me in. That's why Ed took Bullock suit shopping and didn't even let me know what was going on. I only found out after the proposal.

Ed was working late on his new case, so I invited Oswald to have a drink with me. He got a little tipsy, but I knew better than to take advantage of him. I didn't want to lose all the progress I'd made. Then he said it and my world flipped upside down. He still loved me he said. He had always loved me. I took him home and left him. I was an absolute gentleman.

Then, a few days later he's engaged to EDWARD NYGMA?! He can't pretend that night didn't happen. I can't let him... We've been through too much.

When we met at the park, I could tell he missed my touch. I just wanted to prove how much.

I knew he would deny everything. I needed to find a way to make it so he couldn't deny it. So he'd come back to me... I couldn't do that with Ed around, but I couldn't get rid of Ed either. I could, however, keep him busy.

Another body showed up today. Him and Lee should stay pretty busy through the day, so I hopped in a patrol car and drove over to Oswald's work.

Oswald was busy keeping up with Ms. Mooney's demands. He carried a large stack of papers that he struggled to see around as he walked. I ran ahead and grabbed a bunch of the papers from him and helped him walk to his desk. He rolled his eyes at me and huffed as I set them down.

"What are you doing here?" He spat. This stung, but I wouldn't show it. I played it off.

"Oh, Oswald, sweetheart. I came to talk to you about yesterday." I teased while leaning against his desk.

He plopped down in his chair and started sorting the papers without looking at me. He said, "Get out."

My heart dropped. I could never undo what I did to him... No matter what I did, I could never take it back or make him truly forgive me.

He looked up at me, and my face must have screamed what I was thinking. He sighed before saying, "This is about now. You're trying to ruin my relationship. This is about now and nothing else. I'm happy with Ed. Period." He started working again, so I turned and walked out without another word.

Back at the precinct, Ed was doing his usual dance. Blushing and giddy like a fifteen year old girl. This won't stand! I can't let them do this! I won't let them do this. Time to devise a plan.