Chapter 2

(Sean O'Pry as Xander,picture above)

After we left Zara yesterday we directly went home, just as promised.

I bought the blue dress and I couldn't wait for my brothers to arrive this noon.

I haven't seen them in a year and I miss  them dearly. I don't even have a phone which I could use to contact them, they wouldn't allow me to get one.  I had a laptop, but many websites were banned and I would only use it to watch films and such anyways .

I looked at the clock and started to get ready, I wanted to look really good today. Maybe just today Xander wouldn't call me ugly, maybe just today.

I showered and shaved, I put on a mask to moisturize my skin and I put a little bit of make up on. Usually I don' t wear make up, but as I mentioned before, today was special. I still kept it natural.

I then put the dress on my bed, I didn't even get to try it on since Xander rushed me to buy it so we could get home. Now that I looked at it in a calmer atmosphere I didn't know if this dress wasn't too beautiful for someone like me. I'm not ugly, but this dress is just really pretty and I don't want to put shame on to it.

Ugh JUST WEAR IT, STOP WITH THE THINKING ARABELLE. I screamed at myself, I should stop worrying about things and just enjoy life. And that's what I'm going to do today, I'm going to enjoy my time with my brothers and I'm going to wear this dress, not wasting a thought on whether it suited me or not.

After I was finished getting ready, I made my way downstairs and walked right into the living room. I wonder where Isaac and Michael are, since they are in shift this whole week, but they will be around for sure.

I sat on the couch in the living room and waited for my brothers to come home.

When I heard the doors being opened I knew they had  arrived, I ran towards the front door and saw my three brothers walk in.

Tyson, the youngest of them was the first to see me. He smiled at me and hugged me, he treated me the nicest, but I loved them all equally.

Then it was Alex' turn to hug me, he is the second oldest and just turned 26. I still remember how we used to play scrabble with each other and I would always win because he let me haha.

I then looked at my oldest brother, he just stood there in all his pride staring at me. I opend my arms wide, signalling him to hug me, but nothing happpened. He narrowed his eyes and stormed out of the hallway. I just stood there and tried to realise what just happened. Did I do something wrong? Did I anger him in any way? I looked wide eyed at my brother Tyson who just looked at the floor.

"Did I do something wrong Tyson?" I asked, unsure if I had the right to ask that question. I knew that Derek is strict, how couldn't I? I'm his sister, but did I do anything wrong?

"Don't worry about him princess, he just had a bad week, that's all" He told me and looked me in the eyes. I just nodded.

Alex left the hallway and went to the living room, Tyson and I followed him.

We all said down on the couch, talking about random stuff. After a couple of hours I decided to get something to eat and wanted to go the kitchen when I bumped into Xander. He growled lowly and pushed me out of the way and I fell against the cupboard. I groaned in pain and stood up shakily, holding my side. Xander just looked at me and then walked towards the living room.

I didn't have the time to treat my wound, since everyone in the living room was hungry and i volunteered to cook something.

I decided on Derek's favourite meal to lighten up his mood  a little.

An hour passed and everything was ready, I took the mushrooms and put them on the dining table, I then did the same with the pork roast and I also prepared some salad.

Michael,Isaac,Xander my brothers and I sat on the table and shoved food onto our plates. It was dead silent while we ate.

Then Alex spoke up "This is really good Belle, thanks for the afford lil' sis"

I smiled at him and thanked him for the compliment "But you don't have to thank me Alex, today's a special day so this was necessary to celebrate you coming home, you're my brothers after all." I explained while smiling even brighter. From the corner of my eye I saw that Derek clenched his fist.

"Derek what is wrong?" I asked, worrying about him.

"I'm going to see you in our office in 20 minutes Arabelle"

I just sat there shaking a little, whenever he wants me to come to his office something bad had happened.

He then stood up and left the table.

I looked at my plate, suddenly feeling full. I went to the kitchen and cleaned up my plate. I excused myself and then went upstairs to my room.

After a while I walked towards his office , already preparing myself for the worst. I knocked on the door, then saw Xander open it. He stared down at me, I flinched a little, focusing on the floor underneath my feet. Has the floor always been this interesting?

I almost stumbled over my own feet while I entered the office because I was so nervous. What did I do wrong? Why would he want me to come to his office? I'm never allowed here unless he wants me to be here.

I looked up to see my brother staring at me, no emotion in his eyes.

"We will have to increase the amount of bodyguards,Xander wil be around you 24/7 from now on. I hope that you'll begin to understand that this world is a dark place and someone like you has to be protected at all times. As you know we have many enemies and I don't want you to get hurt,I hope you understand that."

I just nodded. It felt good, knowing that your brother cares for you. I already wondered what had done wrong, but if it's just about  security, I'm ok with it.

One thing which worried me a little, is that Xander will be around me more often from now on. I should be relieved that there will be someone around me , who is actually willing to talk to me, but I wasn't.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please comment on any mistaked I made, give me your opinions on the story and please vote.

Your author

Laura