Chapter 8

I turned to the next page, deeply fascinated by the book I was reading at the moment.

Xander just sat on the chair in the corner of my room, he practically glared at the small display in his hands and looked like he wanted to shatter his phone at the next best opportunity.

"Did something happen, Xander?" I asked him tenderly.

"Mind your own fucking business." I immediatly stopped looking at him and instead, stared the floor down.

"I'm sorry" left my mouth as a whisper. I started focusing on my book again and quickly blended the grumpy cat in my room out.

I couldn't help but be a Little sad.
My brothers left yesterday morning and left me alone with Xander and the others...
My plan to make new friends crashed as well, not even Lukas would talk to me anymore.

I was all alone, once again.

"We need to go downstairs." Xander said grimly.

I quickly hopped of my bed and followed Xander out of my room down the stairs.

I saw Michael standing at the end of the staircase, looking at me worriedly.

"Is everything alright Michael?" I asked just as worried.

However, instead of answering me, he just turned around and walked away, not sparing me a second glance.

I looked down sadly.

Before my brothers left I thought something had changed, but once they left everything was back to normal.

Completely lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice how Xander suddenly stopped walking, resulting in me bumping into him harshly and falling onto the hardc marble steps.

"Oww", I groaned and looked up at the tall man who now turned towards me.

"You better be careful, or I will lock you in your room for the next few weeks." He growled at me.

I blushed out of embarrassment and looked down again.

"I'm sorry Xander"

We continued our way into the kitchen and I sat on one of the bar Hockers. In front of me stood Michael preparing breakfast for me.

"Michael can I please have pancakes today? Please, please, please!" I begged him desperately, cheering up a little at the thought of the delicious godness.

Michael didn't reply, but I know that he started preparing the dough.

"Thanks Michael!!" I thanked him gratefully.
He just grunted as a response.

Xander just sat beside me, completely silent.

"Xander are you alright? You seem a little off today." I asked him innocently and worried.

"Shut up, I don't want to talk to you." He sneered at me.

Again I looked down, a little sad again.

My brothers leaving always got to me, the weeks after they leave are quite hard. It is indeed difficult to not be sad when the people who care for you just leave, without you knowing when you will see them again.

The delicious smell of pancakes pulled me out of my thoughts, I couldn't hold myself back and just started digging into to the huge pile of perfection.