Chapter 10

I woke up in my bed, not remembering how I got there after my little emotional outburst yesterday... embarrassing... and everyone there saw it too.... just embarrassing.

I felt my cheeks flushing with heat as I replayed yesterday's events, why did everything have to end up that way?

I sighed loudly as the door to my room opened and Xander steppend in.
I crawled back a little, watching him from underneath my protecting blanket.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said as he watched me.

"What?" I whispered intimidated by his form.

"I'm sorry for the things that I said to you yesterday , it was uncalled for and therefore I apologise." He stated.

"Oh, uhm it's alright I g-guess?" I stuttered slightly and looked down to my lap.

"But Arabelle you also have to understand that it is dangerous for you to wander around by yourself. Even though this is your home, Evan is extremely powerful and he wants you. But believe me, as long as I'm there to protect you, nothing will happen to you." I looked up at him while he confidently spoke, I was actually quite moved by what he said, considering that nobody apart from my brothers actually said something so caring.

"Thank you Xander" I smiled at him brightly.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked, looking at me seeming genuinely interested.

"Ehm, can we...can we maybe go the park?" He looked annoyed.
Oh no, I did it again. I made him angry once again.

"Arabelle, I just told you that even being here is dangerous. What makes you think that going to the park is safer?"

"I don't k-know, I...I just answered your question."
I looked at my lap shyly, an awkward silence surrounded us, until he suddenly jumped up.

"Come on. I will ask Michael and the others to accompany us, Same rules as in the zoo though. I swear Arabelle, if you ever run off, I will chain you onto my arm." He said, looking into my eyes deeply.

I jumped up excitedly "Thank you Xander!!"
I tried calming down a little to choose something to wear, which was almost impossible.

Xander left the room, I changed and then went after him. WE'RE GOING TO THE PARK!

-

The ride to the park was quiet, apart from my giggling of course.
I couldn't have been happier, it's been years since I've been at the park!
Suddenly the car came to a stop and I quickly jumped from my seat, too impatient to properly wait for the others to leave first.
I was about to run to the flower field, as Xander pulled me back and threw me an angry glare.

The guards, like always, surround me, creating a bubble. Xander held my hand tightly, but not tight enough to actually hurt me.

"Can I go and collect some flowers, please?" I asked, Xander just looked down at me and nodded.

I almost ran to the flowers, to which Xander tightened his grip.

"Remember the rules, Arabelle."

Too distracted by the cute little daisies, I ignored his reminder.
"Can you hold these, please?" I looked at Xander expectingly, reaching my hand out to give him the flowers I collected, "they'd make a nice flower crown"

"Oh who do we have here?" Another man's voice destroyed our peaceful flower-moment.
I tried looking at him but Xander blocked the view.

"Evan, what do you want?" Xander gritted our.
"Oh, you know what I want." Evan answered, sounding extremely creepy and perverted.
"Fucking get lost" I cringed at Xander's aggressive order.
„Don't worry, I'll get her sooner or later anyways." Evan laughed evilly.
"Over my dead body and now get lost, before I shoot your and your guards' asses."

And then the only thing I heard was shooting.

"Bring her back to the car! Quickly!"
Someone picked me up and quite literally covered my  body with his own.
He put me in my seat and ran to the driver's seat. The man, who I then recognised as Lukas, started the car and drove off.
However, another pitch black car started following us, which led Lukas to speed up.

We arrived at the house after a few minutes only. I already saw multiple guards waiting for our car and when we arrived, they sprinted to my door, pulled me out and carried me into the house.

Isaac brought me to a room, I did not recognise, which was ironic, considering this was my own home.

"Listen Arabelle, under no circumstances will you leave this room, okay? You're gonna be fine, we're gonna be fine." He tried reassuring me. I just nodded, my eyes wide in shock and my mouth unable to mutter a single word.

And then, I was alone.

I really can't tell how many seconds, minutes or even hours passed.

The darkness, which penetrated the room, scared me. Not knowing what was going on scared me. Not knowing what happened to the others, to Xander or Lukas, scared me. The situation scared me.
Tears started streaming down my face, when I suddenly heard a lock opening.

In relief I jumped towards the door, hoping for one of the guards to tell me it was all over.

"Oh little girl not so fast, not so fast" An evil voice whispered.
He came inside the room and locked the door.
Evan.
I pushed myself to the corner and whimpered quietly.

"Oh baby, no need to cry. I'm not going to hurt you...maybe." He laughed evilly.

I tried running to the other corner of the room, but he caught me in his arms.

"All I want is a little fun, before I get you permanently." He smirked and buried his face into my neck, while I trashed around.

I felt his lips kissing my skin and his tongue sucking it.
"Please stop!" I cried out, his abuse not only hurt me physically, but started traumatising my mind.

"I just want to leave Xander a little present, soon you will be owned by me."

Then he bit me, just like the monster he is.
I screamed out in pain.

He put me down again and just watched.

The only thing I could do was scream and cry out in pain.

He again, smiled his evil smile and left the room, but not before sending me a kiss.

I just sat there, traumatised.