Chapter 7

Xander
All I saw was red when I saw her next to that little fucker, playing with him. As innocent as she was, she was completely oblivious to the looks other guys gave her. I hate taking her out just because I hated having to fend off a different little fucker who thought he could look at what was mine. Fucking mine and now here we are, some idiot invited her to the lounge, full of newcomers who could barely keep their dicks in their pants. Oh how wonderful.
I grabbed her hand, a little too roughly and pulled her towards the door.
Of course the little idiot fell and now here we are.
At the fucking clinic.
Derek is already going all ape-shit on me for letting something happen to his sister, so were the other two.

Instead of listening to what they were saying I watched the girl in front of me.
Her blonde hair looked messy and bloody, she was pretty nonetheless.

I'm not stupid, I'm the cause of her painfully low self esteem. Of course I've seen the look she gives herself in the mirror, frowning whenever someone dares to make her a compliment, if anyone does so at all.

I couldn't decide whether I deeply hated or adored her.

"Fucking get your shit together and don't let your stupid anger out on Arabelle!" Screamed Derek at me.
I rolled my eyes in response.
"Don't think I'm stupid Xander. I've seen the bruises on her wrist." Said Tyson in a deathly voice.
I instantly felt bad.
There's a difference between verbally and physically abusing someone. I never meant to really physically hurt her, I just couldn't control myself sometimes.
"I know, Tyson" was all I could say.
"The only reason we're keeping you is because you're our friend Xander, but if you continue hurting our little angel, we will have to beat you the fuck up."

The brothers left me and Arabelle alone, told me to guard her, I knew this will be a long fucking night.
I tried getting comfortable on the chair in the corner in the room, but her trembling form stopped me.
A few tears slid down her lovely cheeks and she started trashing around.
The sight pained my heart, I hated her, but somehow seeing her this vulnerable was an unbearable sight for me to see.
I pinned her arms down, to stop her from trashing around and possibly pulling the IVs out of her arms.
She suddenly grabbed my arms and pulled me down to her. I wanted to stand up, but a whimper left her mouth as I tried to get her hands of me, so I stopped.
Why was she so fucking weak. I hated weaklings, couldn't stand up for themselves for shit.
I wanted her to yell at me whenever I pushed her away, but all she did was smile.
She was way too innocent for the evil around her, she needed protection, but she would need to defend herself as well.
Especially since Evan was after her now.
Evan was the brothers' enemy.
They tried cooperating a few weeks ago, but everything failed when he laid his eyes on her.

He wanted her, that was no secret. And if he had her, he would destroy her. But that's not going to happen.
He'll need to step over my dead body first to get to her, and I don't die that easily.
War would break out. The Mafia would try everything to get their little angel back.
She was so naïve, so pure, she wasn't even aware of the fact that her brothers led the European Mafia.
The Italians, the polish and the german made a pact, creating this extreme "Gang".
And her brothers were the "Gangleaders". A word way too cheesy for what we were actually doing.
Killing. Lots of killing.

So, it became my duty to protect Arabelle from all the evil going on around her.
She is convinced that her brothers are working at some kind of bank and that she needs to be protected because of all the money the family owns, which is partly true.
She won't need to know about the rest, it shouldn't be of her concern.