Ch.2

»  Chapter 2-Training Room «

I looked through the chest at the foot of the bed and I noticed I didn't have much clothes. I rummaged through it and found a nice black sports bra with black yoga pants to wear to the training room. The shower helped me remove whatever was holding me back and let myself go. After going to the library, I had said I was going to the training room and I would love to get myself back in shape. 

The room was comfortable and I enjoyed the view of New York from here. I would probably need to go look through the streets later on. For now, I would try to fix myself even since the incident of Los Angeles and finding Davis. It was strange for me to grow accustomed so quickly but something didn't feel right to me, ever since I woke up from that nightmare. 

I shook my head, removing any negative thoughts, and put on a grey and light jumper over my sports bra. When I opened my door, I looked down and saw a cat sleeping in a ball at my feet. 

"Um...Hi?", I asked, trying to wake the cat. 

It purred and then stared up at me, before tangling itself to my legs. After it rubbed itself to me, it began to walk forward, turning back to look at me. 

"Oh. I'l follow you then. You must be Church! I just remembered. And I thought Chairman was the only Shadowhunter friendly cat.", I said, mostly to myself. 

Church nods in approval and continues to walk through the halls of the Institute. I looked at my surroundings, memorizing the patterns and directions. As I was scanning the walls, I stop when I feel Church's fur on my legs and notice we reached the training room. 

"Thanks, buddy.", I say, reaching down and brushing the fur on it's head. Church purred in approval and disappeared. 

I slowly pushed the door forward and was let into the training room. It was way bigger than the one in Los Angeles for sure. There were more balance beams, weapons, training mats, and target dummies. 

"Clary!", I hear Izzy scream and make her way to me. 

All heads turn to the door, which means they were going to stare at me, which meant Jace, Alec, and Simon look to me. Izzy covers my vision and I smile at her. She smiled back and pulled me further into the room. 

"Just in time, I needed a sparring partner.", she tells me.

"I won't go easy, though.", I tell her, chuckling.

"You never do, Fray.", Simon teases. He walks up next to me and punches my shoulder and I shove him playfully. 

"You're just a sore loser. I thought I taught you better.", I teased back, ruffling his curls. He rolls his eyes and returns to throwing daggers. 

I move towards the weapon's rack and grab a Seraph blade with a dagger. Izzy keeps her whip with her but grabs a Seraph blade as well. We walk towards a sparring mat and I take off my jumper. A wolf whistle is heard somewhere else and I turn towards Alec, sending him a glare.

"I wouldn't turn your back to me for so long if I were you.", I smirked, telling Alec. He grows stiff and tense while practicing with Jace. When I see in his direction, he winks at me and turns back to Alec.

I roll my eyes, "He is so annoying."

Izzy holds her stance and lunges towards me. I raise my Seraph blade and block her blade, while turning my blade to cause her to stumble.

"Sounds like someone has a crush.", she says, slicing down at me. 

I side step and come up behind her, "Please! Like I'd ever." Then I hit her with the butt of my blade on her back. 

She turns towards me, after stumbling forward, then bringing her whip up to wrap around my legs, "It's easy to see you're attracted."

I jump and step on the whip, causing it to fall out of Izzy's hand, "Golden boy isn't my type." I try offense and jab at Izzy's shoulder but quickly move my arm to hit her behind her knee. 

She was slow to block my blow, but managed to move her leg forward and hit my ankle, "But you're his." Then I jumped back, feeling the hit on my leg, almost falling backward.

I scoff at her and run up to Izzy, jabbing at any angle uncovered and let her deflect them before I twirl my blade around hers, making it fall on the mat and I hold my blade centimeters from her face. She was breathless, her chest heaving up and down very quickly. 

"Good practice.", Izzy tells me, catching her breath as I remove the blade from her neck. I laugh and nod my head in response. It made me a bit tired but not as much as I should be, I'm still possibly able to run a few miles. 

"It was. I liked it, being able to move a lot again. I missed this.", I told Izzy, honestly. 

I motioned her forward and took out my stele, putting an Iratze rune on her shoulder, removing the bruises she has and she did the same for me. She had been in here longer than I had, so she left to the showers after our practice and I was left to work on my flips. 

As I stood on a balance beam, I closed my eyes and felt the adrenaline hit me. The angel adrenaline. I let it loose, I held my Seraph blade and did a hand-less cartwheel, then jabbed at the air in front of me on the balance beam. 

"Aren't you amazing.", I heard a voice say below me. The balance beam was the highest up, it was held up by chains hanging from the ceiling and metal bars. 

The voice had been Jace and I notice him staring at me. I put my Seraph blade in my back and stood sideways on the balance beam, before flipping off it, landing on the floor with my right knee on the floor. I stood and saw Jace's eyes gleam in the light, but not a trick of the light gleam, a gleam that could only be caused my strong emotions and I didn't know which were the ones Jace was feeling.

"Thanks.", I answered, feeling nice Jace didn't say anything cocky, "You just said something decent for once. I'm proud of you."

He holds a hand to his heart, "You wound me, Clary. What kind of guy would I be if I didn't compliment a little red."

"Whatever.", I say, punching his shoulder lightly. 

"Come on, I'm gonna take you somewhere.", he says, holding my arm.

"Where? Is there going to be food?", I asked.

"Definitely. It's called Taki's. Come on.", he grabbed my waist.

"Why not.", I respond, putting my hand on his back, walking out laughing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it! Kept my word and wrote a chapter today. Clary is growing back into herself but this is just chapter two, so there is still more to know. Glad you guys decided to let me write this for you. The relationship between them seems pretty normal at this stage of time.

Any thoughts? Questions? For me, or the story? 

Thnx again for reading! Comment, vote, share.

-J

xoxo