1. Clarke

Murphy and I were shoved out of the room after Ontari screamed in rage, saying she could kill every last one of  Skaikru.

I couldn't let her be the commander, I wouldn't.

As we walked down the halls I noticed the way that Roan was taking us to leave.

He was going to bring us by where Murphy was tortured, and where the flame was now being kept.

I watched the walls as I waited to see the opening for the stairs. My heart began to beat fast in my chest, pounding against my ribcage.

It was around here somewhere, I thought as we kept walking.

Finally, we round a corner and I spotted the doorway that I had been looking for.

I slowly stopped myself in my tracks, letting Roan get a few feet ahead of us before I clasped my hand tightly onto Murphy's forearm and tugged toward the doorway.

He gave me a strange look, one that looked scared and uncertain, but he quickly followed anyways.

I brought him back down to where the flame was kept, running down the set of spiraling stairs and immediately entering the room, going over to the large trunk.

"Clarke, we have to get out of here." Murphy reminded.

I knew the flame would chose but I couldn't let Ontari have any chance. I would take the flame until it was safe. "I know, but this comes with us." I gingerly unfolded the fabric back from the small, tin, skull covered box.

"Clarke, we can't do that. They'll kill us." I turned back to him, narrowing my eyes slightly.

"We have to protect them." He sighed, knowing immediately the them that I was referring to.

I turned back around and carefully liked the box from the fabric and slid it into one of the inner straps of my outerwear.

"Alright princess." I heard him mumble. "I'll guard the-" suddenly he stopped.

I turned around, starting to question what was wrong, when I saw Titus. He was standing in the doorway, a hard look on his face. "What are you doing with the flame of the commander?" He asked harshly.

"I can't let Ontari get the flame." I replied as I turned, refolding the fabric and than shutting the trunk. "She will not hurt my people."

"The flame has not yet chosen. She chose Aiden in life, she should chose him in death as well." He replied.

I turned around, narrowing my eyes as I faced him. "You don't know that." I walked forward until I was a couple feet away from him. "Kick her out of the competition, tell her she is not allowed to compete."

"I can't, she is a night blood. All night bloods must fight." He said harshly, he was clenching and unclenching his fists, trying to keep calm.

"One didn't." I argued. "Lexa showed my her marks. She only had seven, one for each classmate she killed, but she said there were eight others in her class." I took a step forward. "What happened to the eighth Titus?"

"Clarke." Murphy warned.

"It's alright Murphy." I replied, keeping my gaze on the angered man in front of me. His eyes were cold and harsh, and they looked ready to kill, to kill me. Before I could finish a thought about how to react, his hands were at my throat.

I clawed at his hands. Air seemed to race from my lungs and my gaze became spotted on the outer edges. "Lexa made you promise not to harm me. If you do, you- dishonor her." relaxation flooded into his eyes.