5. Lincoln

My cell seemed more and more boring the more time I sat there with my wrists in shackles.

In the short amount of time I had been here I already memorized every scratch on every surface of the wall and then more.

After I finished I leaned back and let myself think of Octavia.

The last time seeing her hurt her and I knew that she would have a hard time getting over all of it. Getting over me.

I closed my eyes and just pictured her face. I pictured who she used to be, who she was now, how she had grown and became stronger than most thought she ever could be.

She became strong though, just like I knew she always would. I knew she would exceed expectations. That's who she was.

I smiled through my sadness. My heart aching and breaking as I knew everything she would be going through now.

I pressed my head against the wall behind me as I slowly closed my eyes.

There was no use to trying to escape. No matter how much my heart hurt I couldn't try to escape. I had to protect everyone, especially Octavia. I wouldn't let them die.

Especially if I had the means to stop it.

* * *

Time ticked by slow. Hours must've passed as I waited with no allowance to food or to water. My throat was dry in the hot room, the heat seemed to sizzling, making my skin glisten with sweat.

When will they stop the torture and just end it all I thought as I looked up at the ceiling.

At that moment the door finally slid open and I slowly was able to push myself away from the wall, setting my hands on the ground and shakily pushing myself to my feet.

Pike looked down on me, his eyes fiery with rage. "Let's go." Two guards walked into the room and stood on my either side. When Pike walked out, two more stood in between us.

Did he really think I attempt to kill him with all these guards and people around? And did he really think I would jeopardize everyone's life?

I said nothing as he guided me through the winding halls of the fall ark. People all over Arkadia watched as we strode by at our agonizingly slow pace.

Those who had never known me only looked at me with hatred, anger, disgust, but for all those who knew me, pity, sadness and empathy were etched into their expressions. They knew why I was doing this in the first place, that I wasn't completely a bad person.

Almost everyone knew, even Pike, though he wouldn't ever admit it.

I slowed down too much for their liking and was suddenly thrust forward. I was easily able to catch myself but my anger flared slightly.

These guards, they might not of known me personally, but they had seen me around.

I obeyed the rules, I protected people, and I didn't kill anyone. And yet they treat me like some kind of monster when one of the real ones is standing right in front of them.

He corrupted them with his stories of being able to take over, conquest, death, and glory to those who joined him.

He acted as if the world was barbaric and there was no one good unless threatened.

Everyone was good until he poisoned their minds.

I never wanted death, and yet, because my- some of the people wanted blood for blood, he thinks that all of us are automatically like them.