Chap 2 - Epigaeas

I rushed down the school corridor as the ringing of the bell was dying out, attempting to dodge the many students trying to rush out the school doors as fast as they could. The corridors were deadly after the bell rang, everyone wanted to get out the hell hole school was before anyone else, I was no exception.

"Jinnie! Wait!" I turned around as I heard the cheery voice of Hoseok, my best friend, and saw him small form rush its way to me.

"Hey Hobi," I replied, a small grin making its way onto my face.

"Ugh, I'm so glad school's over!" he groaned, being jostled about easily because he was so small. "Can I borrow your maths theory notes? I was off Monday so Mrs. O is nagging me to catch up," Hoseok pouted.

I laughed. "Sure, it's in my locker." I turned back and braced myself for the swarm of students we'd have to wrestle against to get back to my locker.

I quickly weaved in between students, conscious that I was going to be late picking up Jimin from school. Among the sea of students, I saw Kim Namjoon and his best friend, Taehyung leisurely strolling down the corridor, both showing no signs of struggle, unlike most who were either crushed against four other people or elbowing their way through the crowd.

I saw Namjoon shoot me a questioning glance and I ignored him. My eyes were more focused on Taehyung, who'd followed Namjoon's gaze and was looking at me. I smiled at him, feeling my heart stutter as he smiled back, and I resisted the urge to sigh longingly.

Namjoon had turned his attention away from me, his face returning back into the expressionless mask that it usually was. I brushed off his weird behaviour, as he was normally this way; unpredictable, odd.

"Jin, c'mon," Hoseok interrupted my thoughts. "I know you're totally smitten for Taehyung but that doesn't mean you oogle him like a love-sick puppy."

I felt heat rise in my cheeks. "I was not oogling him."

He laughed and winked. "Of course not," he said sarcastically.

Once we'd successfully made our way past the herd of students eager to get home, we rushed to my locker. I was beginning to panic slightly, what if Jimin was left waiting for me alone? Would he be okay?

I half payed attention to Hoseok complain about maths as I fumbled with my keys, my nerves making my hands shake a bit. I breathed out an exasperated sigh and jammed my key into my locker. It slammed open and what lay inside made both me and Hoseok freeze.

Inside my locker on top of my books lay a bunch of small, light pink and white flowers. Nothing like anything in cheesy romance movies where there'd be a dozen red roses, but a small, simple bunch of delicate flowers whose breed were unknown to me.

Hoseok was the first one to react. He gasped, squealing slightly and jumped up and down. "Oh my gosh! You have a secret admirer! This is so cute! Who do you think it is?"

I blinked, my heart racing and my thoughts rushing through my brain at one hundred miles per hour. I had a secret admirer? Me? Who the hell would like me? I thought. An image of Taehyung flickered in the back of my mind, making my chest swell with hope.

I reached into my locker, my hand hesitating over the bunch of flowers before I picked them up lightly, almost afraid to touch them. I held them close to my chest, gazing at the small petals and green leaves, brushing the tips of my fingers over them lightly. At the bottom of the stems there was a small piece of cling film containing water, wrapped with ribbon halfway up the stem to keep it from leaking. My 'admirer' was probably expecting me to find it tomorrow, so they thought to keep the flowers hydrated.

"This is so exciting!" Hoseok breathed, his eyes as wide as saucers. "Who do you think it is?"

"I have no idea," I mumbled, still pretty dumbstruck. I shook my head, trying to clear it. I'd think about this later, I needed to rush to get Jimin soon, then I'd try and figure it all out.