Chap 4 - Kennedias

I opened my locker on Wednesday morning and didn't realise that I was anticipating another surprise from my 'admirer' until I felt a small pang of disappointment when I didn't see anything on top of my books. I shook my head, no, I was not turning into a hopeless romantic for a person that was sending me flowers, hell, I didn't even know who that person was.

An image of Taehyung and his full-blown grin flickered at the back of my mind, making me want to smile like the hopeless romantic I swore I wasn't. Was he my admirer? Namjoon was his best friend, after all, and he'd probably told me who it was if anyone else had bought flowers from him but maybe Taehyung told him to keep it a secret, and since he's Namjoon's best friend, he would.

I half-consciously took out my art folder from my locker and shut it, imagining a future with Taehyung as I walked to art. Hoseok was nowhere to be found today so I had no one to talk with about homework or my pathetic crush on Taehyung.

I didn't want anyone other than Hoseok knowing that I had an admirer, so when he wasn't around I felt guilty for hiding it from my other friends. I wasn't necessarily popular - or unpopular, I really dislike both of those terms - but it would be the talk of the school until the next couple got together or Namjoon went out with another girl or guy - which hadn't happened for about a year, a big surprise to the whole school, considering he was somewhat a 'player' before - and knowing my friends, they'd make it some sort of competition to find out who my admirer was first.

I sat down in my usual lone seat in art, still daydreaming and ignoring my chatty peers until Taehyung walked into our class. I froze, my eyes wide and my heart started beating double time.

"Everyone," Mr T, my art teacher, called. "Taehyung here switched classes so he'll be with us from now on, okay? You can choose a seat, Taehyung and your partner will explain what we've been doing for the past few weeks,"

Taehyung smiled and nodded, scanning the classroom and catching my eye. His smile grew bigger and made his way towards me, not seeming to notice people's faces fall as he walked past them. He brushed his hair back with one hand, the other on the strap of his bag. I couldn't quite believe he was walking towards me until his footsteps came to a halt at my table.

"Hey," he said. "You mind if I sit here?"

"I-I," I stuttered, my face burning. You idiot, I thought. Just say no, N-O, two letters, no. "N-no, I don't mind."

"Good," he grinned, taking the seat on my right side and getting his pencil out his bag. "So, what are we doing?"

My mind was still half-fan boying, half-dying of a heart attack so it took me two times longer to process what he was saying. "Oh! We're sketching something that makes you feel strongly, like something that makes you feel extremely angry, or happy, those kinds of emotions."

"Cool," he said, his eyes shining with anticipation. "What are you drawing?"

I looked down to the drawing hiding in my folder, then to him, blushing. "Flowers," I said.

"Emotion you feel towards them?" he asked, starting to sketch on the piece of A4 Mr T had given him.

"I-I-wha-"

He flashed me a grin, his eyes seeming to hold some sort of satisfaction. "I understand, it's personal, right? Forgive me for intruding on it."

My face was burning. Where is the hole I can crawl into and never come out? "No, it's not that, it's just... Emotions are hard to describe, I guess, you can't really label this one."

He stared at me for a moment, his grin dying into a small smile. "Yeah. I know how you feel."

Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him, kiss-