Chap 3 - Geraniums

Though I'd been reluctant to do so, I left the florist almost immediately after receiving the information I needed. Namjoon hadn't bothered to speak to me after I so dumbly repeated his words, scoffing at my meek attempt to start a conversation. Needless to say, the fact of the matter was, Namjoon had no interest in talking to me any more than he had to, even if it technically was his job.

And speaking of jobs, a question that still ran through my mind was why he worked at a florist in the first place? I couldn't help but continue to wonder, because not only had Namjoon seemed uncaring that I had caught him in his work place, but he also looked ridiculously comfortable in the setting. It was a little... disconcerting that Kim Namjoon, the quiet, reserved, and rude teenager who attended the same school as myself, worked willingly at a flower shop.

It would have been one thing had I had the chance to lord it over his head, but he was far too uncaring about his job choice for me to do so.

That was why the next day at school, the last person I ended up wanting to see was Kim Namjoon. I figured we would go back to our regular routine, ignoring each other throughout the day and silently walking together when we went to pick up our siblings.

"Seokjin!" A familiar male voice shouted from behind me. I spun around and almost smacked right into Hoseok, who was clutching his knees, out of breath and gasping. He held up an index finger, gesturing for me to hold on a second.

Tapping my toe impatiently, I shuffled over to the wall of the hallway so that we weren't blocking the steady stream of children.

When he had stopped spluttering, Hoseok grinned brightly. "I seriously need to start jogging or something."

I rolled my eyes, smirking, but I said nothing.

"Anyway," he said, beginning to make his way towards my locker. "Who were the flowers from? And what did the note say?" He was far too eager about the whole situation, and I internally debated whether or not to show Hoseok the letter at all.

I decided on the former, hesitating, before stopping at my locker and digging through my bag. A short second later, my hand had collided with the small note card, and I pulled it out, making an effort to straighten the worn paper--I had messed with it so many times the night before that now it was on the verge of ripping.

Hoseok snatched it out of my hand before I could do so, though, and began reading it over. Once... twice... three times before he met my eye, a glint shining in his pupils. I bit my lip, turning away from him before the blush that was threatening to show itself could do so.

Similar to the previous day, I jammed my key into my locker with unnecessary force. The hallway was beginning to clear out then, I felt able to breathe, but all thoughts of fresh air abandoned me when I saw another bouquet of flowers lying on the same stack of books the epigaea had. This time, though, there were flowers of the same variety and different colors; white, reds, and pinks were splashing my locker with an abnormal amount of color.

Hoseok peeked over my shoulder, gasping loudly when he saw that there were more flowers.

"Gosh, Jin, who do you think they could be from?" He exclaimed, probably more excited than I was. I lifted the note that was beneath the bouquet, allowing Hoseok the privilege of reading it along with me.

Dear Seokjin,

Maybe instead of looking at obvious answers, you should look at the unexpected. You never know, maybe I'm the person you least expect. Stupidity isn't a good look on you... But that's okay, I think I like any look on you.

For a moment, both Hoseok and I were frozen. First off, my admirer had insulted me. And second off, he had also just flirted with me.

But I couldn't flirt back because I had no idea who it was.