Chapter 7.

It was immediately obvious that this was the guy that Stella had been talking about. The confidence rolling off of him was a palpable thing, and his just being in the room gave it a different energy. He took his gorgeous dark blue eyes off my mine and looked over at Stella.

"Stell." He smiled at her. "As beautiful as ever." Then he leaned down to kiss her cheek while she swatted his chest. "It's good to see you."

"This is my friend Sienna." She introduced me.

He turned his full attention back over to me, shamelessly looking me up and down. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He smiled at me with his movie star worthy teeth.

My mind was not on my side tonight. I tried over and over to think of something cool to say, but I was drawing blanks. "Hi." Was literally the only thing I was able to force out.

Looks like idiot Sienna is back.

This guy was literally gorgeous. He was ruggedly handsome, and his face belonged on the covers of magazines and billboards. I've never been so instantly attracted to another person. He was so tall, easily 6'2, towering over me even in my heels. He had a strong jaw, and chiseled face, with just enough scruffy facial hair to be sexy, but not dirty. His nose was slender and straight and had a cute little white scar across the top. His eyes were shadowed by his dark eyebrows which gave him that Abercrombie model look. He smiled at me, bringing my attention back down to his damn perfect white teeth and dimpled chin.

"Hi, yourself." He grinned, brushing his sandy blonde hair over. "I'm Declan."

Stella gave him a sideways smile. "I've already told her about you." She chimed in.

He chuckled. "Well, please, don't believe anything this girl has to say about me, it's all lies." He said nudging Stella in the ribs with his elbow and she shoved him back.

"Well, all she has actually told me about you is that you're hot, and that part was true." I blurted out, then my face went blazing hot.

I'm never drinking again.

Stella snorted a laugh and had to turn away to keep from spitting out her beer.

I looked down at the floor in front of me, wanting to disappear from this situation but Declan leaned his head down into my face. "Hey," He whispered softly. "She told me you were hot too, but I think she was selling you short. You're way more than hot." His deep voice was hushed, like his words were only meant for me. I was totally lost in his eyes, and instead of being weirded out by the fact that there was a stranger inches away from my face, I only felt intrigued by him. For a moment, it felt like we were the only two people in the room...until Stella waived her hand in between our faces, breaking the trance. I let off a nervous laugh and he straightened back up. Even though he wasn't in my face anymore, he still watched me carefully with that curious light playing in his eyes.

"Ok." Stella grinned looking back and forth between us. "I'm glad you two are getting along. You see that guy over there?" She asked pointing to a buff dude by the dining table across the room who was smashing beer cans. "He is really in need of some of my attention, so you two kids play nice, ok?" She giggled, then she sauntered across the room, leaving me alone with Declan.

While I watched Stella shamelessly hitting on beer can guy, Declan leaned back down to me, this time putting his mouth so close to my ear that I could feel his hot breath and it made my spine tingle. "Let's go outside, there's too many people in here." He said as he took my hand, leading my out to the back porch swing. "Sit with me."