Chapter 10

*Verona's POV*

Gin and I were walking around town looking for more kishins. Since the guys (mostly Alfred) wanted to go so we brought them with us. Sometimes I would catch Alfred looking at me. When I do I would give him a smile. He blushes a light pink and quickly looks away. I frowned and looked ahead. 'Did I do something wrong?' I thought. My thoughts were interrupted when I had a feeling like we were being watched. I stopped and looked behind me. The others stopped walking and looked at me.

"What's wrong Verona?" Alfred and Arthur asked in union.

"We are being followed," I said.

"Awww looks like I've been caught in the act," said a voice. The voice sounds so familiar yet so different. The owner of the voice walked out of the shadows. It was a witch. She had wavy golden blond hair that were shoulder length, golden eyes with black slit pupils. She wore all black and have us a snake like grin. Medusa.

"You should be dead, Medusa," I said shocked by what was in front of me.

"Oh, honey. Don't you know? I'm not Medusa. I am simply her daughter here to seek revenge for my mother." She said.

"How could you? After all she has done to Crona, your brother," I said to her angry now.

"Oh, you mean Mr. Worthless. Thank you for reminding me who to get next after I am done with you," she said.

I clenched my fists. "Don't talk about him like that. He is your brother, damn it." I said.

"Oh, sweetly. I am more like my mother than my brother." She said her grin getting wider making her look more like a snake.

"What do you want?" Alfred asked trying to get in front of me.

"I just simply want you dead. VECOR PLATE!" She called. Suddenly black arrow shot out of the ground headed straight towards Alfred. Without hesitation I rushed in front of of him at last second and got hit instead.

"VERONA!!!" I heard my friends yell out my name. The blade hit me in the stomach. Blood started pouring out of the wound with the weapon still inside me.

The pain was unbearable. I let out a scream that can probably be heard miles away. The arrow blade lifted me up in the air and tossed my out of the way like I was trash.

Alfred then ran to catch me before I hit the ground that might cause any more damage. My blood must have gotten on his glasses because there were now red spots on them but I couldn't see properly. My vision became blurry due to blood loss.

My eye lids became heavy. I struggled to keep them open until I finally gave in and let them fall.

"Verona, keep your eyes open. Stay with me, Verona. V-Verona? Verona!" Alfred kept screaming my name and shaking my shoulders to get my to respond. I couldn't say a word. No matter how hard I try I just couldn't talk. Alfred's voice became softer and softer until it was nothing but a whisper. I was then tossed into the