Chapter 20

*Maria/Paris' POV*

Connor and I are walking home from a mission we just completed. Since I found out that Connor is my meister I was happy but nervous. Happy because I got to spend time with him more but nervous because we ended up living together.

Anyway, we were walking down the street and happen to pass a new French restaurant. It had a cafe theme outside. I walked a little closer to the window to get a better look of the inside. The lights were a bit dim and each table had at least 2 or 4 chairs around it. I walked in, deciding to wait in line and try it out.

*Connor's POV*

Maria has been quiet the whole time we were walking. Usually she would talk whenever we hung out. Usually I would just listen to what she would say. Over the years we have been friends, I may have develop a crush on her. I can't help it. I love the way she smiles and laughs and how her eyes shine like a kid on Christmas morning. There are so many times I want to tell her I liked her and times when I almost did but I can't do it.

I turned around to find her missing. Crap! Where is she? I looked to my right and saw her going into some restaurant. I sighed and walked in after her. As I walked in she was next in line.

"You could have told me you were going here." I said. She jumped not expecting me to be standing next to her.

"You didn't 'ave to scare me like that." She playfully punched my arm. I chuckled as she puffed out her cheeks and crossed her arms. "So, why are you in line?" I asked.

"I wanted to try it out." She replied. She walked up to the desk where the hostess stood behind.

"Table for two." She said. The hostess smiled kindly as she collected the menus and led us to an open table. The table had two chairs and was near the window. We sat down as the hostess laid the menus on the table. "Your waiter will be with you soon." She said and walked away.

We looked at you menus for a second before deciding what to eat. Our waitress came and took our orders and menus. This kinda feels like a date.

We talked a little until the waitress came back with our food. We both chose the fish. I ordered a coke while she ordered a sprite. There was a comfortable silence as we ate.

I payed the bill and tip. We walked out to find it dark. The chilly night breeze ruffled our hairs as we resumed walking home. Maria shivered and crossed her arms hoping to keep warm. I took off my jacket and placed it over her shoulders. She looked at me a little stunded.

"You need it more than I do." I said blushing a little as I avoided eye contact. She held my hand lacing our fingers together. I looked down at her. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. The stars that twinkled reflected the same shine in her eyes making to almost impossible to look away.

"Why do you 'ave to do this?" She asked.

"Do what?"

"Make it impossible for me to think of you as a friend."

"What do you mean?" She grabbed the collar of my shirt and placed her lips on mine. My eyes widened at the sudden action but they slowly closed as I melt into the kiss and kissed back. I wrapped my arms around he waist and pulled her closer as she wrapped her arms around my neck. We pulled away moments later. Both of our cheeks were covered with a bright pink color.

"So you like me." I said as a statement.

"You like me, too." She giggled. I chuckled, grabbing her hand. I dragged her while running.

"Let's get home before it's too late." I said over my shoulder. She nodded smiling and gripping my jacket in her hands so she wouldn't lose it. We both ran home to get away from the chilly air.

*A/N: Hey, here is another fluffy chapter for you who love romantic shit. I personally don't like it because of how predictable it is but my mother and sister force me to watch it anyways. But hey at least most of them come in handy. Also there will be more action than fluff if those of you who love action as much as I do. I will try to balance it out but there will be more action. Ok bye.*