Leaving Home

Authors note: This is set just as Sam Six and John are leaving Paradise and are saying goodbye to Mark and Sarah.

Johns POV:

Leaving home has never been to hard for me seeing as I did it so much, but leaving Paradise was different. Leaving the beautiful woods in which I would walk in for hours with Sarah. Leaving Sarah was different; I love her and want to be with her but I know I have to go and I know Sarah cant come, it would mean putting her life in danger, that can not happen.

As I slowly trudged over to Sarah not yet ready to say good bye I thought to my self "how long will it be until we see each other again? Weeks, Months, Years?" As I thought these thoughts I remember the first time Henri was teaching me how to use my telekinesis when he threw a rock at me and I deflected it into my window on the second floor, Sam, Henri and I all collapsed with laughter. That thought caused a tear to swell up I quickly turned away I couldn't let Sarah see me weak, I couldn't let any of them for that matter. Conveniently as my luck had it I looked straight at sam who had a confused expression on his face, I just rolled my eyes and continued onto Sarah.

"Hey" I said. Really, your not going to see your girlfriend for ages because you've got to find the rest of your alien race and the first thing you say is 'hey?'

"Hi" She replied on the verge of tears. I pulled her into a comforting hug to reassure her that I was there for her. "How long?" Now she couldn't hold it back any more and let all her tears flow freely, into my shirt."How long until we see each other again?"

"Im not sure until we find everyone and defeat the mogs I guess?" But that made me think, if I am not here then its not likely that the mogs will come here instead they would chase me? But what if they knew about Sarah and I, they could try and bait me and that would put her in harms way. Deep down I know that whatever Sarah and I have I need to break off, and I know what we have or had wasn't true loric love because if it was I wouldn't be thinking these thoughts. But that does show that I love her because i wasn't prepared to put her in harms way. Confusing? Yes, thats what my mind has been thinking about for the past hour and I'm getting dizzy. But I cant do it now whilst she's like this. Right now she struggling to stand and I can feel her petit body pressed against mine and her wait bearing down on me. But what if just suddenly drop a bomb that size on her? I cant I have to wait until the time is right.

"Listen I will be safe don't worry, please." With that I slowly tilt her head  towards me and seel my words with a quick kiss. I give one last tight squeeze and inhale her lemony sent and silky hair, then I release.

"I love you." She manages to get out before continuing her crying but this time its Mark who comforts her, but this pleases me because I know that Mark will look after her, but this also confuses me when have I ever been pleased to see my girl in some other guys arms?

"I'll miss you." and with that I turned around and masked my emotions with a straight face, but I knew I would grieve later when I finally get privacy.

As I casually stroll over to Sam's dad's truck I see six sitting on her bike with crossed arms "You ready to go lover boy?" This causes sam to snicker just before I shoot him a death stare.

"Lets go."