MikaYuu: Birthday Chaos

Mikaela Shindo x Yūichirō Hyakuya.

Fandom:  Owari no Seraph

[Ranked #5 in mikayu]

~~~~~~

   Mikaela watched in satisfaction as the group worked on setting up the last banner.  Lately, the blond had been a bit overworked at his current job as an artist, and since Yu's birthday was coming up, Mika had decided they should celebrate– just like the old days when they were both in the orphanage.  The teen walked forward and helped Yoichi hold up one end of the colorful decoration, earning a grateful glance from the brunette.

   Before Yu had introduced Mika to the rest of his college friends, the blond had been a bit of a shut-in, and had become overprotective of his newfound boyfriend.  If he was being completely honest, the teen would have to admit he was still adjusting to having the other people his age around.

   "Shinoa, hold it higher!" The purple-haired girl rolled her eyes as Mikaela glanced over at her, Mitsuba scrutinizing Shinoa's every move.  Kimizuki stepped up and took the banner from Shinoa with a sigh, still bored with the whole idea.

   "Meow!"  Mikaela sighed and reached down to grab the silver ball of fur rubbing against his leg.  He was against the idea of bringing his pet– Ferid– to his brother's apartment because the feline never seemed to get along with Yu's dog, Crowley.  The two were constantly fighting or chasing each other around the flat, always causing trouble. Unfortunately, Mika didn't have a house-sitter or anyone to watch his cat, so he was forced to bring him.  Setting the animal on the arm of the couch, Mikaela strode forward and requested Yoichi help with the cake.

Yu was supposed to be back any minute, and the blond knew that if the ice cream cake wasn't taken out now, it wouldn't have enough time to thaw out before dinner.  Mikaela needed everything to be perfect for Yu's 16th birthday.

   Soon enough, both Yoichi and Mika had gotten the cake set neatly on the table, and began to walk back into the kitchen in order to make sure everything was sorted for the black-haired teen when he walked through the door.  A sudden screeching from the living room reached Mika's sensitive ears, and he turned and bolted into said room only to grip his hair in frustration.

   Yu's dog was chasing Ferid around the room, and they had already knocked over the two banners that had been previously pinned up.  The cat was now lunging over furniture and turning sharply in order to avoid Crowley, who was barking madly as he kept up with the cat every step of the way.

   "Ferid!  Stop that now!"  Mikaela knew it was in vain to shout at a cat, but he was willing to try.  The others were clumsily stumbling around, attempting to catch the animals ravaging the apartment.  Mika was just about to shout again when the distinct sound of a the lock turning reached his ears, and his eyes widened in panic.

   "Ferid!"  He called desperately, joining in with Shinoa and Mitsuba as they attempted to corner the cat.  The plan had almost worked until Ferid had shot between Shinoa's legs, heading straight for the table with the cake.  Mikaela darted forward, shouting loudly,  "Yoichi!  Stop Ferid from getting to the cake!"  The brunette turned and reached down, lunging forward with his arms outstretched only for the animal to take a soaring leap over him.

   The silver ball of fur didn't quite land completely on the table, instead hung off it.  His back legs scrambled to get a grip as Crowley ran right towards him.  Mikaela darted forward, trying to reach the cake in time since it was slowly sliding off the wooden surface, Ferid still hanging on for dear life.  The platform the cake was on was now protruding from the table, and Mika knew he had to act quick.

   "Mika, I'm home–"  Yu's voice had reached his ears, but Mika paid it no mind as he sprinted towards the cake.  In a sudden moment of decision, Ferid decided to let go of the platform the cake was on, leaving it half-hanging off he table.  Time seemed to slow as Crowley took a leaping jump, soaring right towards the cardboard holding the cake.

   "No!"  Mikaela's reaction was too slow as the dog hit the cardboard with his front paws, catapulting the cake across the room.  The sight was soon cut short by the dessert smacking Kimizuki straight in the face, sending him reeling backward by the impact.  Time seemed to speed up again as everyone started shouting.  "Ferid, you stupid cat!"

   "Oh my god, Kimizuki you look priceless!"

   "That's what you get you idiot!"

   "K-Kimizuki, are you alright?!"

   The shouting was cut short by Yu, who was doubled over, laughing and clutching his stomach as he pointed at Kimizuki.  Mika smiled when he heard that laugh, but concern dominated his thoughts.

   "I'm so sorry, Yu."  He mumbled, lowering his head in shame.  "This was supposed to be perfect..."  The blond was slightly startled as Yu appeared in his vision, and the black-haired teen's arms wrapped around him.  Mika gladly hugged his boyfriend back.

   "It's okay, Mika.  You gave me the best gift."  He chuckled and glanced over at Kimizuki.  "Kimizuki in his natural state!"  He burst into laughter again and broke away from Mika, who chuckled as well.

   Out of the corner of his eye, Mikaela spotted Ferid and Crowley sitting side-by-side, in perfect harmony.