Umbridge Gets Weasleyed

Requested One-Shot

Fandom: Harry Potter
Based in Order of the Phoenix
Art by viria94, retrieved from pinterest.

This little one-shot was a request from sigh100. The twins being mischievous was so fun to write XD.

~~

Life is miserable. School is a prison.

Well, as much of a prison as you can get at a school for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But Fred Weasely digresses.

   The Gryffindor Common Room is quiet, the Weasely twins being the only two gathered in the plush chairs surrounding the fireplace.  The window is foggy, the warmth from within the castle colliding with the cold of the glass. George stares out at the darkening sky for a moment, allowing himself to unwind from the day's general tenseness. He shoots a glance at Fred, the other boy lightly brushing the end of his feather quill on the underside of his chin. He's staring intensely down at the paper nestled in his lap. George raises a brow.

"You're not doing homework, are you Fred?" He asks, only half-teasingly. Man, Umbridge really does bring down the mood even when she isn't in the room. Bugger.

"Who do you take me for?" His twin snorts, rolling his eyes. "No, I'm writing down some ideas for our products. We do have a business to run, after all."

"Trying times, these are." George concurs, sighing dramatically. "What've you got so far?"

"Hmm." Fred hums, eyes raising to and fro on the paper. "Well, we've got the skiving snack boxes, but those haven't been totally perfected yet.  Extendable ears.  The reusable hangman, and Pygmy puffs too, we've got those."

"Those what you two are planning on spreading around?" A voice from the stairwell asks. The twins turn to see Ron at the base of the stairs, rubbing one eye and with the start of a bed head. George grins.

"What're you doing up so late, Ron?" He teases, sensing his twin raise an eyebrow beside him. Ron shrugs.

"Just woke up, I guess." He narrows his eyes at the two. "Better be careful though. Umbridge's already got her eyes in you. I wouldn't be surprised if she immediately thought you guys were the ones handing out all the exploding ink-wells."

"Exploding inkwells!" George gasps, his eyes alight. "Fred, write that down."

"On it George."

"I'm not trying to give you guys any ideas!" Ron declares, red in the face. Fred chuckles at their little brother's struggle. The younger huffs and crosses his arms. "Fine, get caught, see if I care." He turns on his heel and storms back up the stone steps and out of sight. Fred and George share a small grin.

"Too easy."

~

The next morning, the twins begin to make their rounds.  They've go to find people to test their products on, after all.

"Mm-hm, you've got the right twins, mate." Fred says merrily, smiling down at the Hufflepuff before him. "We've even got–" here, he lowers his voice and glances around conspiringly before continuing, "exploding inkwells in the making."

"Woah, really?" The younger boy asks, smiling excitedly.

"Sure do," George says, coming up from behind and seining his arm around Fred, "still got some kinks to work out, but they should be available as soon as this week!"

"Wow!" The kid says again, practically bouncing on his feet.

"And if you and you're friends ever want to get out of class, just take one of our skiving snack boxes."  George adds.