{1}

"On your left!" you heard Thor shout as you quickly dodged a spear that was about to hit you. You took out the enemy before continuing to fight.

This was how life was like for you. Fighting alongside Thor, his brother, Loki, Lady Sif and the Warriors Three. You had known Thor since you were a child and grew up playing games with him.

The two of you were so close, and spent so much time together, that eventually, you ended up falling for the God of Thunder. Of course, that was a detail you would never tell him. To Thor, you were only his best friend. Loki knew your feelings for his brother, and would constantly tease you about them, but Thor was too busy flirting with every other woman to even notice.

You had grown used to it, and despite the fact that Thor would never feel the same way about you, you would still follow him wherever he went. Which is exactly how you ended up in this mess.

_______________

It all started when Asgardians battled the Frost Giants and won, obtaining the Casket of Ancient Winters, an object that the Frost Giants used to vanquish enemy armies. This was a battle that had happened in the past but apparently had lasting results.

A ceremony was taking place, specifically the ceremony in which Thor was going to be recognized as crown prince. Thor had been waiting for this for a while. But, before Odin could finish the proclamation, he sensed the presence of intruders. Three Frost Giants had infiltrated secure rooms to obtain the Casket. However, the Destroyer, an Asgardian weapon, appeared before they could take it, and killed all three of them.

Thor was angry at the assault and insisted that Asgard counterattack. Odin disagreed, so Thor gathered with his closest friends -- You, Loki, Lady Sif, Volstagg, Fandral, and Hogun. You all decided to follow Thor.

However, things didn't go as well as one had hoped for, and the seven of you were now surrounded by Frost Giants. You all fought well, but things were looking desperate. Suddenly, Odin arrived. He tried to apologize to the King of the Frost Giants, and renegotiate peace. But, the King refused the offer and claimed that the Frost Giants were now at war with Asgard.

Odin quickly blasted the King back and then took all seven of you back to Asgard, back to the Palace. Odin dismissed everyone but Thor and Loki, but you refused to go, claiming that you were at fault as much as Loki and Thor.

No one expected what happened next to happen. Odin was furious, and he told Thor that he was not fit to be the King of Asgard. He then stripped Thor of his power before banishing him to Midgard. You watched in horror as the Asgardian you loved was banished. It felt as though he was taking your heart with him.

Tears brim your eyes as the portal closed. You cleared your throat and asked if you could be dismissed. Odin allowed it, and you went to your house in Asgard. You went into the room and tried to gain control of your emotions.

Thor wasn't dead, but surely Odin would forbid you from ever seeing him again, so it was as though he was. You thought about anything you could do or say to change Odin's mind, but there was nothing. You should have convinced Thor to not fight in the first place. Then he wouldn't be gone.

___________________

Some time had passed since Thor's banishment, and you stayed in your place, not wanting to see anyone else. However, that proved to be difficult when Lady Sif and the Warriors Three appeared on your doorstep.

Hesitantly, you let them in. "What are you guys doing here?" you asked them. "We have to tell you something," Sif replied. "What is it?" you asked. "We suspect that Loki had something to do with Thor's banishment," Volstagg replied. "What? What makes you think that?" you asked. "He was envious of Thor. He wanted to be King but knew that the throne fell to Thor. It makes sense, Y/N, we just thought you would want to know," Fandral explained.