{6}

You groaned as you felt pain spreading through your chest. You slowly fluttered your eyes to find yourself lying on a bed in a room of the helicarrier that looked to be the infirmary. You looked at your arms and found tubes sticking out of them. You ripped out the tubes and looked down and found your chest bandaged up. Apparently, SHIELD agents didn't know that Asgardians could heal themselves as long as they were still alive.

You were thankful that the doctors were able to repair your heart before it stopped beating, but the bandages weren't necessary. You took off the bandages and covered your exposed chest with your hospital gown.

You climbed out of the bed and looked in a dresser that was nearby. Inside was the normal clothes of a SHIELD agent. You quickly changed into the clothes and placed your gun in its holster. You then started making your way out of the room. You walked into another patient room and you saw Natasha sitting there.

"Hey," you said coming in and sitting on the bed, acting as though everything was normal, while Nat gave you an extremely shocked face. "What the hell are you doing out of bed?" she asked, standing up.

"What do you mean?" you questioned. "You were just stabbed through the heart! No one thought that you were going to make it," she told you, giving you a skeptical look as if to make sure it was really you. "I'm fine, Nat, really. It's the Asgardian in me," you responded. She still looked unsure, looking over your body for any signs that you ripped stitches, even though you knew the wounds had completely healed.

"Whose room is this anyway?" you asked, looking around for the patient who should be in the bed. "Mine," you heard a familiar voice say as the door to the bathroom opened. "Clint," you said with a smile as you stood up.

He smiled back and walked over to you and pulled you into a hug. You smiled a breath of relief and he said, "Awe, were you worried about me?" "Shut up. You should be resting. Loki had been mind-controlling you," you told him. "You're one to talk, apparently Loki nearly ripped your heart in half with his scepter, and here you are up and walking around," he responded.

"I'm Asgardian. You are only mortal," you replied. He gave you a small smirk and then your mind fluttered to Coulson -- the man who took you in. "How's Coulson?" you asked, worry filling your eyes.

You looked over at Nat and sadness filled her eyes as she told you, "He's gone, Y/N. The damage he received to his heart was too much for him to overcome. He passed away shortly after the agents found him and tried to save his life." You felt tears come to your eyes and you turned away from your friends, not wanting them to see you cry. Nat gave you a sympathetic look while Clint came over and hugged you, rubbing your back in a comforting way. "I'm sorry," he said softly, and you wiped your tears quickly, replying, "It's fine."

"Time to go," Steve said, coming into the room, looking at Natasha. His eyes found yours and he looked stunned. "You're alive?" he asked. You nodded your head and replied, "And as good as ever."

Steve gave you a look and asked, "How?" "She's Asgardian," Natasha replied for you, and you smiled at her before giving Steve a small shrug. "Where are we going?" you asked Steve. "I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?" Steve responded. "I can," Clint replied, speaking up. Steve looked at you and Nat, asking if Clint was alright to fly them. You both nodded your heads.

"You got a suit?" Steve asked. "Yeah," Clint replied. "Then suit up," Steve told him, before walking out. You gave Clint a small smile, before following after Steve. "Does this have anything to do with Loki? Is his army here?" you asked Steve.

"I don't know a lot, we just know where Loki is going to be," Steve replied. You nodded your head, and Steve looked at you for a moment. "Are you sure you're okay to fight. I mean, you can sit this one out if you want. No one will judge you," Steve stated, giving you a small smile. You returned the smile, and told him, "No, I'm fine, really. Besides, it's my duty to also protect Midgard, since I am part of the team. Plus, I have known Loki since we were only children. I need to be there for this, whether he ends up surviving or not."