{2}

Soon after Thor went back to Asgard, Jane and her friends disappeared from the site, but you stayed there, not knowing where else to go. You just stood there, looking at the ground where Thor was standing a little while before.

You wondered what was happening up in Asgard. Did Loki surrender? Or was he still trying to kill Thor? "You're not from around here, are you?" A voice suddenly said, tearing you from your daydreams and forcing you to look at him. The man was wearing a nice suit, and sunglasses that, when he took them off, revealed kind eyes.

"No, I am not," you replied. "Where are you from?" he asked. "Asgard," you responded. "I take it you know Thor, then," the man stated, taking a step closer. You took a step back, unsure if you could trust the man or not.

He put his hands up in surrender, and said, "Easy. I don't want to hurt you. My name is Agent Phil Coulson. I just want to talk, that's all. I have some people I think you should meet." "Why should I trust you," you asked. "Because I haven't tried to kill you. Please, just come with me," he responded.

"Why should I go anywhere with you?" you again questioned. "Because where else do you have to go?" Coulson replied. You hesitated for a moment but then agreed to go with him. He took you a large building where a lot of people who were dressed like Coulson were. Coulson led you through the building, finally stopping in a room where a man was sitting down, not paying attention to the fact that the two of you just entered.

"Director Fury, if you have a moment I think that you should really speak to this woman," Coulson stated, and the man finally turned to face you. "Who are you?" Director Fury asked. "I am Lady Y/N Y/L/N of Asgard. Agent Son of Coul said you would want to meet me," you replied.

Fury looked at you skeptically for a moment before asking, "Where exactly in the world is Asgard?" "Sir, it's a different planet," Coulson answered for you, and Fury raised an eyebrow intrigued. "Have a seat, Y/N," Fury offered, motioning towards the open seat. You sat down as he continued to ask you questions. You answered most of them but didn't reveal too much about your home planet, still unsure how much you could trust these people who called themselves SHIELD.

The two men then proceeded to tell you about SHIELD and what their organization did. "So, how would you like to be a part of it?" Fury asked. "You want me to join you?" you questioned. "I don't see why not. We could use someone with your skills and knowledge of the world. Earth needs protection, and since Coulson informed me that you don't have anywhere else to go, this would be the perfect place for you," Fury explained.

You thought about if for a few moments. You thought about the possibilities that could arise for you if you joined SHIELD. This could be the new start you were looking for. "Okay, I will join you," you told Fury and a small smile spread across his face. "Agent Coulson, show Y/N to her room," Fury directed.

Coulson nodded his head before saying, "Y/N, if you could please follow me." You nodded your head and stood up, following Coulson back through the hallways of the building to a door. Coulson swiped a card on a pad that was next to it, and you watched with curiosity. "Never seen this kind of technology before?" Coulson asked.

"Asgard is very different from Midgard," you replied as the door opened. You followed Coulson inside and he said, "This will be your room. There are some clothes in the dresser, you should change. Your Asgardian attire doesn't exactly fit in. The bathroom is through the door in the right corner of your room. I'll send Agent Hill by with some food and a badge. Is there anything else you need?"

You looked around the room for a moment before shaking your head no, and replying, "Thank you for your hospitality." Coulson gave you a small smile and nodded his head before walking out of the room. You looked in the dresser and found a dark grey, stretchy catsuit, with the SHIELD logo on it. You grabbed the clothes and went into the bathroom. It was simply decorated with only the essentials and a few towels on a shelf. You set the clothes down and decided to get in the shower. You spent a while in the shower, just letting the water run over your skin, trying to forget your feelings for Thor.

You finally got out of the shower and dried yourself off before changing into the catsuit. It felt weird at first, unlike any Asgardian clothes, but you soon got used to it. You dried your hair and walked back out into the main room.

You looked in another drawer of the dresser and found a belt with a holster. Inside the holster was a gun. You pulled out the belt and laid it on the bed. You then found a pair of black combat boots. You put those on as well before sliding on the belt. You looked at yourself in the mirror and couldn't help but smile at your appearance. This definitely was a new beginning.

Suddenly, there was a knock at your door. You walked over to it and opened it. A woman with black hair, dressed in almost identical attire to yours was standing there, holding a tray of food. "Hi, I'm Agent Hill," she said with a smile.

You returned the smile back and took the tray of food from her. "Thank you, I was just getting hungry," you told her, before setting the tray down on a small table that was nearby. She also handed you a badge that attached to your belt. "There you go, now you're officially one of us," she told you.

You smiled at her and asked, "So what now?" "Now, you just wait until Fury gives you an assignment. I'll send some books up, or whatever else you want so that you're a bit more comfortable. I'll also send up a computer," she told you. "Oh, I wouldn't know how to use one of those even if you sent it up," you replied. "I'll have someone show you, it's easy once you get the hang of it," she reassured you.

"Thank you, again," you said with a smile. She nodded her head and replied. "Welcome to SHIELD."

~Meanwhile back on Asgard ~

Thor had battled Loki, destroying the Rainbow Bridge in the process. The Bifrost was destroyed. There was no way for Thor to return to Midgard. Loki had fallen into the void. Thor missed his brother. He missed Jane. But more importantly, he missed you.

He didn't understand why you had left him. He thought about everything he had said and done in the recent past that could have hurt you. But he was truly clueless. He wanted to talk to you again. He wanted to fight alongside you again. You were the only one who ever made him feel complete and truly happy. He wanted you. He needed you.

But, there was no way to get back to you, not with the Bifrost broken. Heimdall had assured Thor that he would return to Midgard again, sometime soon. But, that didn't change the fact that right now, he couldn't see you, he couldn't talk to you. He could make jokes with you, he couldn't battle enemies alongside you. And that was killing him. He missed Jane. But, he missed you more.