Chappy 2

Chappy 2

The booming music of Jude’s oversized Hummer rang in my ears as the battle of the volume knob came into existence. I reached over towards the black knob and turned it down dramatically as he said, “Hey, hey, what is the rule?” When I didn’t answer he said, “Don’t touch the sound system and I’ll drive you home.”

Looking over at him I couldn’t help but smile at his shiny grey eyes, they seem to never have a care in the world which is what I would like my life to be like. I scratched my long brown hair and said, “Whatever, Jude, I mess with it every day and yet you still take me home…I guess you can’t stand little ol’ me stranded at school.”

“That’s only what you think.” He turned the music back up a bit.

“So, who’s the new slut?” I asked only to bother him; you can’t blame me he goes through girls like a bag of chips.

 He laughed once and replied, “She’s not a slut she’s actually very smart.”

“Hmm, those are the ones you got to look out for, freaks behind closed doors.”

“Of course you would know,” He stopped for a stop sign.

I laughed, “So are you calling me smart or a freak?”

Smiling, he didn’t reply but only 'looked forward.

“So you play football right, do you know Dylan Dawson?” I asked casually.

“Oh, that dude,” He paused as if taken aback, “Yeah, why.”

I said as if he should know, “Uh, he’s just the hottest guy ever, in the history of guys.”

He rolled his eyes, “If I had a dollar for every time I heard that line,” He then trailed off.

“Aw, is little Judy feeling left out?” I asked as if talking to a toddler.

“You know what,” He paused stopping the car, “Get out.”

Looking to my side I saw my house, I got out grabbing my bag from the floor. Hearing a coughing sound I looked up, smiled, and said, “Thanks, Judy.”

I practically slammed the door as I heard him back up and pull into his driveway locking the doors.

My wooden framed glass door seemed inviting as I opened it revealing suit cases sitting by the steps, my voice echoed, “Hello?”

I walked around the corner curious when my mom met me half way, “Bernie, I thought you would never get home.” She led me into the spacious living room, a person sitting on the tan leather couch.

The person got up and turned towards me, oh, my gosh, “Melanie?” Her strawberry blonde hair was longer than the last time I saw her and her forest green eyes seemed more experienced even though we’re in the same grade.

“Bernie, jeez cousin, you’re getting prettier every time I see you.” She walked over and gave me a hug.

I laughed, “Pshh, right, what are you doing here?”

“Well,” She led me back to the couch, “I’m staying with you guys through senior year,” I didn’t ask why because I think I already knew, my mom left and went into the kitchen, “So, who was that really cutie you were with.”

This is always the first question she asks me, “Oh, just Jude.”

“So is “just Jude” off limits or…” She trailed off.

“Uh,” I paused, “No he’s not, I guess, considering he’s never in a real relationship,”

She laughed, “Well I haven’t been in one either, oh right this girl gave me this when I got out of the car.”

She handed me a pink envelope with the words, “You’re Invited” on the front, grabbing it I opened it up and pulled the card out, it said,

You’re Invited To…

Keri Nelson’s Birthday Extravaganza.

When: Saturday, November 8

Time: 11:45 p.m.

Where: Keri Nelson’s House; 1288 Roadhouse Rd.

No RSVP Required (Bring Friends!)

Oh yeah, I heard of this party but I didn’t think I would be invited; ha my firsl wild party. 

*

“Are you going?” I asked lying face down on my bed twirling my brown locks.

She laughed and said, “Yeah, Bernie, why wouldn’t I this is like a once in a life time thing.”

“Awesome, and my cousin Melanie is coming with us too.” I then turned around on my back feeling a bit restless.

There was a pause, “Huh, I don’t think I’ve ever met her.”

I looked out of my window and into Jude’s window to see a light coming through the curtains and a male’s body moving around, “Do you think Jude’s going?”

“Uh, I don’t know how about you walk a couple of feet and ask?” I could tell she wants to live closer to us so badly.

Laughing, I said, “That’s what cellular devices are for.”

We both said at the same time, “3-Way!”

I immediately speed dialed his number as an unwelcoming groan greeted us on the other line, “What?”

Emma said, “Aren’t you glad to hear from us?”

“No…do you know how late it is?” He asked as if he was sleeping.

“Dude, you know I live right next to you, right…” I asked.

Looking across the way he said, “Yeah,” He then turned off his lights.

“Anyways, grouchy pants, are you going to that party?” Emma asked changing the subject.

“What party,” He paused, “Oh, yeah that party’s going to fucking kill.” 

Hearing a shuffling sound by my door I pressed the end button on my phone and pulled my books in front of me; my mom opened the door, “Sweetie, you weren’t talking on the phone were you?”

I shook my head and said, “No, way.”

“Well, I need to give you some news.” She stepped in my room and sat on my bed, her short brown hair bouncing, “Your father will not be coming home until another two months.”

I looked up at her; is she joking, I mean why do they have to keep him on base for another two months don’t they know he has a family? Looking down all I could muster up was an, “Oh,”

“But the good news is they put those computer cameras up so we can talk to him,” She said trying to cheer me up.

Even though it’s not the same as him walking through those doors, in his army uniform, and taking my in his arms, it was better than rare phone calls, “Is there a time or something like for the phone calls,” There was a hint of attitude in my voice.

“Yes, but I don’t know it yet, we will have to see when he logs in.”

I nodded as so many emotions were running through my brain.

Hi, hi, thx for reading, i just would like to thank u if you support this book because i really wasnt sure about it and since this story is going to be crazy random, i would like to hear your thoughts about what you think might happen or what you might want to see in the book.

Commment

<3

Kaylyn