Chappy 4

Chappy 4

As Emma laid, passed out, on my bed, I sat at my laptop thinking about the things that happened tonight; I tried beer for the first time, Jude is being rented by Katherine (I hate that bitch), I played spin the bottle and ended up kissing some super jerk, but what weighed all of that bad stuff out was that I found out that Jude has feelings for me but what if his feelings were just of the moment and not real?

I massaged my temples as my excited cousin walked through the door, “Ooo, I hate getting stuck with my drunken friends.”

I smiled weakly and said, “Yeah, I thought I would be the one passed out and waking up with a hangover the next morning.”

She sat on my plush carpet in front of me, “So, what happened?”

“Oh,” Should I tell her the truth or should I just say something, “Uh, it was great, beer isn’t my type of alcoholic beverage so that’s probably why I’m not drunk.”

She moaned, “I wish I would’ve went with you guys,” She paused then burst out as if she was holding her breath, “I think I’m going to ask Jude out.” She looked at me for approval.

Whoa, what? “Sure, go for it.” I said unknowingly regretting I’ve ever said that and Jude is already “going out” with Katherine.

“Great, oh my gosh, got to get a good night’s sleep!” She jumped up and pranced out of the room like a little girl.

Why me, why me, why me? I rested my head on the palm of my hands hearing something being thrown at my window, I knew who it was looking at Emma, she definitely wasn’t waking up.

I tiptoed over to my window and opened it, realizing that I’ve already taken my shower and am only wearing an oversized t-shirt and SpongeBob slippers and my hair was still wet and hanging down my back. Opening it, he said, “Hey, come down!”

“Wait let me put something on first.”

I turned around, but Jude said quickly, “You look perfect.”

Smiling, I started to climb out of my window, a little technique I’d made up when I was grounded and needed to get out of the house.

Feeling my feet hit the ground, he stood in front of me, the cold Autumn/Winter air surrounding us, as I shivered covering up my arms. When he realized I was cold, he put his jacket on me, still warm from his body, which smelled like Jude.

I don’t know what to say at this point, because if that kiss really was nothing to him, then our friendship would be ruined.

“Well,” We said at the same time.

I smiled and offered, “You can go first.”

He paused looking at me, his messy brown hair made me want to run my fingers through it, “Bernie, I don’t know when this feeling thing started but it’s here,” he paused again trying to find the right words to say, “I’m not good with talking about my feelings but what I just said was totally true and I just want to know if you feel it too?”

I smiled widely relieved that he said, those things, “Yes it’s here; but I was thinking, that since you are being rented and my cousin is like drooling over you and I am trying to get with Dylan, that we shouldn’t go out,”

There was a hint of disappointment on his face as he looked at the grass and said, “Oh,”

“But,” I started hopefully, “That doesn’t mean we can’t see each other.”

“What are you talking about, crazy lady?” He could tell that I had some plan up my sleeve.

I smiled stepping up to him with his over-sized jacket placed over me like a robe, “What I’m saying is that maybe we don’t have to go out but we can still make out, hold hands…” I paused not wanting to say the last one.

“Have sex,” He whispered stunned as I nodded smiling but looking down at the ground, “Whoa, I’m a virgin.”

 “Ha, right Jude like I’ll ever believe that lie.”

He looked me straight in the eyes, “Wow, you do know me,”

“I guess,” My legs were getting cold as I started hopping around.

He laughed, “What, you have to pee?”

“No it’s really cold out here.”

“Oh, uh you want to go to my house,”

I nodded smiling, “Yeah.”

*

Sneaking past his parents and going into his room, that I’ve never been in before, I found that it was unsurprisingly messy which made me laugh. It was a very dark blue color with very abstract art on the walls but it was hard to miss the huge bed in the middle of his room.

He cleared his bed off and then jumped on it patting the opposite side of him, I responded by prancing beside him on the bed like a tiger then cuddling up next to him.

“What took us so long to figure this out?”

Now climbing on top of him I touched the dimple in his chin, “I don’t know but what I do know is that this is right; this plan is going to work.”

I kissed him as his hands felt every square inch of my body.

*

The sunlight seeping through a crack in the curtains seemed to find its way into my eyes as I woke up in a strange place. Turning my head, I made it face to face with a sleeping body. I then realized it was Jude so I relaxed a bit. I sat up feeling a slight headache now knowing I was a bit drunk last night. A baggy cloth over me made me also realize that my clothes are still on. I’m so glad that nothing like that happened yet.

Jude stirred next to me, waking up, “Morning, sunshine.”

I smiled and said, “Hey.” I straddled him in his cloudiness and kissed him lightly, I then pulled away and said, “I got to go, Emma should be waking up soon.”

“Okay,” He sat up his messy hair looking quite sexy, “Let me walk you.”

“Nuh-uh, we got to practice the only physical thing.”

I smiled climbing off of his bed as he said, “So, when will we do this again?”

I shrugged my arms, “Not sure.”

Walking out of his room felt like torture, he has no idea how much I want to just lay in bed with him and watch TV, but I can’t…I just can’t.

Heading down the stairs I came upon an astonished mother, forgetting that they were here, “Bernadette, what are you doing here.”

“Oh,” I said finishing the stairs, “Um, Jude and I were working on a project and I just dozed off here.”

She looked at me with those same grey eyes Jude has, as if she didn’t believe me for a second and said, “I’ve used that excuse before, sweetie, it’s okay, it was only a matter of time.”

“Huh, what’s that supposed to mean?” I laughed awkwardly.

“Well, you and Jude would kiss and say EWW or gross when you were about seven years old,”

I walked closer to her, “What, why don’t I remember this?”

“Well, you were six or seven…it was a while ago.”

Getting up, dazed by the news, I walked to the door, opened it, and said, “Bye, see you later.”

“I’m sure you will,” she said faintly.

Yay! Chapter 4 is done and I can't wait for you guys to go on reading it and for me to go on to greater things. Oh also i think i'm going to make a short story...idk...COMMENT...

KAYLYN!