Chapter Eight

Dedication: -boytoys thanks for voting and the funny comments!

Zayn as a baby, aw

-

All Liam wanted to do was curl up underneath his bedsheets, and fall asleep. Yet, that seemed nearly impossible with his luck. Instead, the sound of the hanging clock ticking was a constant reminder, that he had under three minutes to get to his bus stop. Raising a single curled fist, he rubbed it underneath his droopy eyelids, which were probably coated with a darkened shade of grey. He sighed, contemplating about whether he should run upstairs and grab some makeup to cover the exhaustion up with, but decided against it. Too much work and too little time.

Besides, it's not like he had given much thought to the rest of his appearance. Once he heard the chattering voices of his awakened parents from a few doors down, it was like his silent alarm, that told him that school was about to begin. So, before his mother could dare make an entrance, he begrudgingly moved from where his head had fallen across his desk, to his nearby closet. The yawn that escaped Liam's frail lips was a distraction enough, to which his hands simply picked at the hanging fabrics, stopping bedsides a random one. He blindly tugged the jumper off of the hanger and threw it on, deciding that his sweatpants were alright as well.

But, now that he managed to give himself another glance, he just noticed that he was wearing a 'My Little Pony' hoodie, that Louis had jokingly given him for Christmas. Ah, he sighed. How amazing. Still, he couldn't find a care in the world, to go change it. Besides, at the rate he was going, he might as well kiss the school bus goodbye.

He leaned down and grabbed the poster board, which he gripped tightly to his side. Nowhere in hell was he going to let the painting go to waste. It was actually the reason that Liam has gotten hardly any sleep at all, which was a sudden change from his daily minimum seven hours of sleep. The hassle that he had to go through in order to finish it, was truly bizarre. Yet, it'd be worth it if he could see that smile brush across Zayn's lips.

Yes, as obvious as it was, the painting was for Zayn. Liam had taken up on Niall's suggestion about creating a replica of the submission that he had ruined. So, he snuck in before the school had emptied yesterday and dragged the poster with him all the way home. From there, he spent nearly all afternoon leading up to dawn making it. It was hard enough to even copy it, considering the large spill on the original one made it troubling to see the scenery. That forced Liam to improvise a bit, which he sincerely thinks makes it look worse. Though, he couldn't have just left half a sky or a missing tree, because that'd make it look crazy and not in a good, abstract way.

Plus, Liam sucked at anything that was considered art. Drawing a circle was a challenge for him, so you can just imagine what painting had done to him. Though, he was able to draw a mean stick figure family. It was one of his big accomplishments, that he swore he'd put on his resume one day. But, that wasn't good enough for what he had to make for Zayn. So, after a night of watching YouTube tutorials, spilling paint all over his room and starting over a handful of times, Liam had finally finished.

But, he isn't saying that it necessarily looks good. It didn't look as horrendous as he imagined, but wasn't part of his proudest moments either. Blame it on his exhaustion.

Swinging the door open, he slammed his sneaker on the pavement, as he took a step out. Locking it behind him, Liam strode down the stairs, practically dragging his feet all the way. In situations like this, he actually wished he had poured down a cup of caffeine earlier. But, Liam could not drink coffee. He despised the taste in general, a surprise to the popular opinion. The only thing he could tolerate was the smell, something that he actually enjoyed sniffing in. It was like his own personal drug. Though all they were only fumes of course.