Chapter Thirteen

Dedication: BuriedInZayn because I'm sure that Liam's pretty buried in Zayn as well, -wink wink- (ugh I'm such a dork)

Damn Li, cute and hot at the same time.

-

When Liam awoke, it wasn't by the usual sound of his alarm clock blaring. No, instead it was of his ringtone, which he would recognize from miles away. Considering it was the theme song of Kim Possible, one of his favorite childhood shows. It almost always managed to cause Liam to crack a smile, like right now. Begrudgingly, he sat up in bed, hands reaching up to rub at his tired eyes. He picked out the crust that lingered at the edges of them, before blinking outside of his window. It was still dark considering the sun hadn't come out yet, which only caused his brow to deepen in confusion.

Liam doesn't get many phone calls, which was why he even settled upon such an embarrassing ringtone in the first place. But, who would be calling him at such a time? In a frenzy, he blindly searched the bed for his phone, sighing in relief once he found it. Liam squinted his brown eyes at the sudden illumination that beamed through his darkened room. They widened then, first at the time which read 2:45, and then at Zayn's name which stretched across his screen.

Immediately, his finger clicked against the button, before he shoved the phone by his ear hurriedly. Though the duration might seem very short to some people, Liam felt lost without Zayn with him at school, even if it was for two days. He missed his friend and all of the attributes that made the raven haired boy even more memorable.

His crinkly smiles; his thin, pink lips. The same lips that mouthed each word delicately, emphasizing his accent even more, which Liam loved, especially when Zayn said his name. His hazel eyes and the gold that shimmered in the pools of it. His soft skin, that his fingers urged to brush across of. Even Zayn's witty, sarcastic comments made Liam long for his presence, which if anything, only proved that he surely was smitten.

He was snapped back into reality, once Zayn's voice spoke over the other line, repeating his name confusedly. "Sorry, hey Zee," Liam responded sheepishly, as he cowered into his tower of blankets and pillows even more.

"Hi Li, sorry for calling so late," Zayn said and the other nearly cooed at his politeness.

"It's fine, love. Now, is everything okay? How's suspension going?" He asked, hand leaning up to ruffle the curls away from his eyes.

"Could've been better. My parents lectured me for like two hours, my mum just glares at me now and even took my phone away. That's why I had to wait until they fell asleep to call you on the landline," Zayn told him, which surely explained his hushed voice. After a pause, he added in, "I missed you."

"I miss you two," Liam confessed, a small smile grazing across his lips. "A lot, that it was actually frightening. But y'know what's even more frightening?"