Chapter One

"Here, Yugi," the older of the two handed the younger a present.

It was an unsolved puzzle box from Ancient Egypt, from a rather unusual tomb that held three coffins. Two of which were in immaculate condition, one not so much... One of the finer conditioned caskets had two lids, one of the usual materials and a second one made of glass. The trashed sarcophagus contained a woman's body, much like the excellently preserved one. Much like the containers, the contents were of different conditions... One woman looked to be simply sleeping, the other appeared to be tortured horrendously before she died.

Of course, that's not what a grandfather would tell a young child.

"Thanks, Grandpa!" the short teen cheered, graciously accepting the ancient box and its unassembled contents.

Though it would take him a total of eight years to complete the puzzle, Yugi Muto eventually worked the pieces together and got more than he bargained for when he did~ his precious puzzle box held a captive spirit, one of a king from days scarcely remembered by history. It would be with the help of this spirit, nicknamed Yami or Yami Yugi depending on whom the addresser was, that Yugi converted bullies such as Honda [Tristian] and Juniochi [Joey] into allies. Yugi would go on to become the King of Games, his story working as an inspiration to a [age] female from [Country] called [Name] [Surname]. Upon hearing of an upcoming tournament, she booked a flight to Domino City and entered Japan for the first time. At the time, the weather had been beautiful and calm. However, a storm broke out the very minute that she stepped a [skin tone] foot onto the landing pad. Japan commonly experienced this, due to being an island nation, so nobody really thought twice about it. Quickly slipping on her flip flop, hence why her foot had been bare five seconds ago, she lifted her [colour] hood of her jumper and proceeded to obtain her luggage before it became too soaked.

"Excuse me, but do you know where the Kagura Motel is?" she asked a man, her Japanese speaking far from flawless.

Irregardless, he understood the lost foreigner and directed her to Sakura Street. Gathering up her belongings, she bowed her head in gratitude and quite clumsily made her way to the building but two blocks away from the airport. The woman behind the counter at the motel was a simple lass, her long black hair held in a loose ponytail as her unwavering brown eyes roamed across the screen of her computer to check in Miss [Name] [Surname]. The [body shape] girl stood on her tippy toes, watching the reflections in the Japanese lady's thick, red rimmed glasses. [Name]'s eyes lowered, struggling to read the name tag upon the obviously older of the two's chest.

"My name is Chizuru," she smiled warmly at [Name], handing her the key to her room.

Something about Chizuru seemed familiar, but [Name] decided to brush it off end thanked her as she tucked the key into her arse pocket and went off to find room 1813. As she wandered and wondered, her [colour] eyes examined her surroundings. The halls were long and thick, the exact opposite of any school that she'd seen, and the carpet was so soft that she could feel it through her footwear. Again, it wasn't something that she was used to, but [Name] could easily get used to it. Said flooring was a lovely amber colour, the walls a dark red hue, and then there was the cream toned ceiling. Inspecting some potted plants as she meandered down the corridor, [Name] almost missed her door. If it hadn't been for the couple making out right next to it, she would've walked past it and just kept ogling all of the pretty blue flowers.

Clearing her throat, [Name] watched as the pair sprung apart from one another. The male seemed to be in senior high school, his awkwardly shaped blond hair and purple gloves with studded knuckles signifying him as either a bully, punk rocker, or a duellist. If neither of those turned out to be true, [Name] guessed him to be a hiki. Turning bet gaze to the purple eyed female, she made the same assumption based on their similar handwear. However, this woman was wearing a corset that left little to the imagination.

"That's my room," [Name] spoke simply.

"Mai, check it! She knows Japanese!" the boy squealed, looking at [Name] as though she came from Venus or something.

The busty lady smacked him, sighing.

"Juniochi can be a tad immature at times, but he's actually a nice guy. I used to be self centred until I met him," Mai explained.

Sadly, [Name] didn't feel like giving them her biography and just nodded.

Mai took the hint, bid farewell, and left whilst dragging her beau by his earlobe. Sighing in relief, [Name] set down a bag or fifteen and reached into her pocket to retrieve the silver key. Quickly unlocking the door, it took her six or so trips to get all of her stuff into the rather large suite. Thankfully, the man hosting the tournament had paid for all of the rooms. Seto Kaiba, right? Apparently his girlfriend was being a rather positive influence on him, because everything that [Name] had read about the young CEO hadn't been quite so kind.  None of it mattered, though, as [Name] set her alarm and went to bed. That nyght, much like any other nyght since she'd learned that she would b visiting Japan, [Name] had a terrible dream. Like always, it started out soft and sweet. A king about her age would send his guards out to bring her to his luxurious castle, he'd propose a deal that involved saving her family from poverty if she wed him, and then shit would hit the fan. In her nyghtmares, her handsome new husband would never allow her to enter his chambers. Just the fact that they'd have separate rooms was odd enough, but she remembered feeling grateful for this gave her a chance to weep without interruption over the lose of her true beloved.

"ALL DUELLISTS HAVE FIFTEEN MINUTES TO ASSEMBLE IN THE MAIN LOBBY BEFORE THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT!"

[Name] lurched up in her bed, startled and confused.

"I REPEAT~ ALL DUELLISTS HAVE FIFTEEN MINUTES TO ASSEMBLE IN THE MAIN LOBBY BEFORE THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT!"

The next time that she heard the voice, it was speaking in a language that she didn't know. Brushing that aside, [Name] hastily dressed herself, brushed her hair and teeth, grabbed her deck, and ran like her life depended on it. Once she made it to the lobby, she saw a brunette male casually kissing the receptionist on the cheek before he turned his attention onto the started foreigner.

"Get on the blimp," he instructed.

So, that was Seto...?

As she climbed into the giant flying object, [Name] pondered about whom else she'd get to meet.

Chizuru Akaibara is my OC.
I'm using the Japanese names~ Eng names will be behind them for the first time.
Exposition via dreams.... because I'm cliché like that.