Chapter Two

Don't tell or ask me to update.
Warning: Clichés ahead

[Name] shuffled her deck, nervously eyeing the short male with spiky hair of three colours. Yugi Muto, frienemy of Seto Kaiba, was the King of Games and her lifelong inspiration~ and he was less than a metre away from her. Next to him stood a tall brunette, one whom she knew to be Anzu Mazaki [Téa Gardener]. Anzu was Yugi's childhood friend and had recently become his beau. On the other side of the short King stood a brunette couple, Honda and Shizuka [Serenity]. Shizuka, as [Name] recalled from her intensive Google rampage, was Junoichi's sister that had undergone eye surgery.

"[Name] [Surname] vs  Akaibara Chizuru for the first match," an emotionless guy with shades announced.

Oh shit, she bit her lip as she watched the ebony teen approach.

"My big sister taught me how to use our adoptive father's deck, [Surname]. I've also had my lover instruct me on the proper procedures. Because my family raised me to be kind, I'll give you the opportunity to forfeit the duel now while you still can," her brown eyes narrowed behind those red rimmed lenses of hers.

The still waging storm in the background made her threat all the more frightening.

[Name] hadn't thought to research the two 'half' sisters adopted by Pegasus. However, she knew he had used the Toon World deck before retiring from the duelling scene in order to be a father as well as focusing on his job as an architect. All that the foreigner knew was that Pegasus had his older adoptive daughter with him in Egypt right now, and that's just because her humanitarianism was irritating anybody whom tried digging up tombs and she was something fierce.

"I'm not giving up my dream," [Name] rejected the tempting offer.

She'd battle the man that had inspired her, even if it killed her.  

Chizuru smirked, amused and relieved.

"Good. Now draw a card, bitch."

[Name] fidgeted, picking at her cuticles as she set her deck back into her disk before swallowing the fear that was clogging the back of her [skin tone] throat. The duellists turned on their machines, the automated shuffling function startling [Name] as she yet to actually use one before now. Of course, she hid her surprise well and would vehemently deny that she was still technically a newbie. Grabbing the top card, her [colour] eyes fell upon what she had drawn. It was an entire hand full of spell cards, ones that require a sacrifice to activate. She had no monsters on the field and all of these things specified that the monster needed to already in play.

"Play a card," Seto barked, bored.

He'd done his research and knew full well that [Name] wouldn't last this round.

Her eyes scanned the cards again, her fingers anxiously moving them around in her sweaty grasp as she struggled in vain to find just one monster that she could play.

"I, uh, play this card in facedown mode?" [Name] gulped.

"Are you asking me how you'll be proceeding?" Chizuru giggled a little.

"NO?!"

"[Name], relax. Panicking is the first, and worst, mistake that anybody will ever make when in difficult situations. And trust me, you are in a very difficult situation right now. For example, the card that I'm about to play. Will it be a spell or magick card? Or, will I summon the most powerful card in my entire deck on the first draw?" Chizuru yawned into the palm that wasn't occupied by duel monster cards.

"You're trying to pysche me out, Akaibara!" [Name] hissed, glaring.

"Learn a lesson from it, little girl. To be kind, one must sometimes be cruel."

Echoing her statement, thunder rumbled in the sky above as lightning tore through the menacingly dismal clouds. [Name] and the others stumbled, attempting to stay on their feet as they all wondered why Seto was hosting this thing on an airborne blimp in the midst of the worst storm that Domino City had seen in years. The said billionaire simply sat in his makeshift throne, arms crossed before his broad chest as he watched from the pilot's cabin on the oversized balloon. Next to him sat his younger brother, snuggling a white dragon plushie with blue buttons for eyes.

"Thanks again for Hōno," the younger Kaiba had hearts for eyes.

"... You named the dragon fire?" Seto arched a brow.

His eyes remained on the so-called duel as he discussed better names for dragons, just in time for Chizuru to almost instantly activate her Toon World spell card and summon the Toon White Eyes. Seto smirked, quite pleased to see the card that she had likened to him on several occasions. As the holographic reptile roared, another strike of bright blue lightning ripped through the heavens. Instead of sticking to its atmospheric dome, the bolt of pure electricity charged directly towards the short boy with the puzzle given to him by his grandfather.

Nobody expected what happened next, not even the apparent mirror image of Yugi that sat on his arse and rubbed at his sore temple.

"Y-Yami?!?" Yugi's violet eyes were wide.

"Yugi.... My name.... I remember my name," the taller Yugi surged to his feet with a grin.

And then his perfectly angled face turned towards the extremely confused foreigner.

"I am Atem, and she is Asenath~ my queen!" the obviously crazy Yugi sprinted towards the startled [height] female.

"I'll never let you go again, Asenath," Atem pulled her to his chest.

"My name isn't whatever-you-said, it's [Name]?!" she squealed.

But then he kissed her, and it felt... so impossibly familiar.

He tasted sweet as poison.

Do not tell/ask me to update.
Yandere Level will increase as the tournament progresses.
Chiasa Akaibara is my OC.
"Asenath" is an Egyptian name that I specifically selected for various reasons.