Parents Know

---Amber's POV ---

"Nahi karni hai maina shaddi! I'm still in college! I want to get my degree & then get a job and then I'll think of about it," I said.

"If you won't listen to us then I'll hurt you," Dad said.

"YOU ALWAYS DO! What difference does it make?" I asked.

"She doesn't want to get married because she has a boyfriend," Kirthi said.

Where did she come from? What's her problem?

"Boyfriend?" My parents asked shocked.

"What's your problem?" I asked her.

"My problem is you. You've always been in the spotlight and even after you left, everyone's like Amber would have done this or Amber would have done that," she said.

I slightly smiled at that.

"You have a boyfriend. You used to dance. Lokh gi party Par jha kar bhangra pathi hai,"my mom said. "Is that what I'm supposed to tell the boy's family. That you go dance at strangers parties?"

"I quit dancing," I said and left to my room, slamming the door shut.

I went to bed and cried my eyes out into my pillow.

About 5 minutes later my phone went off. I quickly fixed myself and answered it.

"Hello," I said.

"Jaan kya kar rahi ho," Waqas said.

"Kuch nahi. Woh...nahi kuch nahi," I said.

"Were you crying? You sound like you were upset about something," he said.

I've already hid alot from him so I decided to just tell him.

"Kirthi came here," I said.

"Waha? Uski ithni himmat?" He asked suprised.

"Let's me tell you what you what happen," I said and told him everything.

"I don't want to get married yet. I want to move away from here and away from everyone and everything," I said crying.

"Babe, first stop crying. Second, where would you go? I'm sure they're just a bit upset about everything. Just give them some time and they'll get it over it. They're your parents," he said.

"Yeh aap kaha raha hai. You've seen my scars," I said.

"That's true as well. I'll think of something. Take care of yourself. I love you," he said.

"Love you too," I said.